Best IRs available on the market for the Axe-Fx

mba

Power User
The God's Cab :
Impulse Responses

1- God's Cab
2- Kalthallen
3- Ownhammer/Redwire

The test :_load a clean preset then switch between your favorite IR and a God Cab IR.
Be careful they have a lot of low end.IMO we are close to top notch IRs.

Please donate, they deserv it.

Last edited:
Too bad they're truncated at 1024. It would be nice for g2 to have 2040 samples.

Too bad they're truncated at 1024. It would be nice for g2 to have 2040 samples.
Check the .wav files.
45msec should be right for the Axe II.

If you decide to convert them all for the Axe II, please post the result here, i will link the thread for french forumers.

These IRs deserv to be included into the Axe, they are amazing, the best available IMO.(by far)

Last edited:
THIS is why I always carry a 16gg usb stick with me. Thanks.

Edit:
Also, I will make a donation when I get home. No CC#'s go into this work computer. :p

Last edited:
I did convert them to Axe II format with just a couple of simple clicks on the Best IR Conversion Utility In The World (sorry, just getting into the spirit of the moment). No need to post the files here, just download my utility HERE. Run it in batch mode on the '48' folder and it will create the full tree of Axe Fx II files.

From the website: All IRs truncated to 1024 samples (except rooms)

That appears to be correct.

Never liked Gods cab. It uses a tube poweramp, which is bad for IRs (too scooped and processed sounding). Red Wirez and Ownhammer are much better IMO.

EDIT: Kata-whatever-its-called did sound nice though, if you used the solid state ones.

Last edited:
I did convert them to Axe II format with just a couple of simple clicks on the Best IR Conversion Utility In The World (sorry, just getting into the spirit of the moment). No need to post the files here, just download my utility HERE. Run it in batch mode on the '48' folder and it will create the full tree of Axe Fx II files.

From the website: All IRs truncated to 1024 samples (except rooms)

That appears to be correct.

Except rooms, 45ms. As i said, check the .wav files.

I know your utility, nice job.

any way to "batch" download your file patzag, I have to go one by one this will take longer than converting which Im still trying to figure out? thanks

I just put all the cabs in a folder. The link should not just give you a file folder to download.

Back
Top Bottom