Best budget FRFR for FM3

A common complaint of speakers on the floor is boominess, it’s not specific to the 108s. Uncouple the speaker from the floor and the sound should improve, they don’t need to be at head level.
Sorry I was thinking of monitors and tweeters, just off the ground is fine with FRFR cabs.

The current CLR is the neo mkII but there is no differnce in sound with the mkI just weight.
They arent available new til August at earliest but you can find them used @$750 + shipping

The current CLR is the neo mkII but there is no differnce in sound with the mkI just weight.
They arent available new til August at earliest but you can find them used @$750 + shipping
Thank you both very much for all of the info and guidance. I am having a hard time finding them used on Reverb but I will keep looking!

I did see the Friedman for sale here. People seem to either love those or dislike them. The CLR and Xitone seem to be preferred over the Friedman by most but I would like to find out for myself. I wonder if that would be a better option than the Headrush 112. I imagine so since the Friedman is $1,000 speaker and for $580 that seems like a good deal.

Tried to reply to @chrisjnyc but did not let me

When I first got my Axefx3 I bought two Headrush FRFR12s....then two Yamaha hs50m monitors....still wasn't happy. Then I built two celestion spec cabs loaded with f12-x200 and bought a cheap power amp...cost $650 and it absolutely blows the headrush and Yammy's away. Better tone. Better feel....Loud AF. Now my Headrush and Yammy's are only used for backing tracks, synth drones, and drum machine.

Anyone a-b’d the qsc k12 and the cp12 ? How much difference for use as a guitar monitor/speaker cab? I’ve owned a k12 for a while and have been very happy with it. But the cp12 seems like a good less expensive option. By and large, you get what you pay for but is the cp12 good enough for use as a guitar speaker cab?

I did see the Friedman for sale here. People seem to either love those or dislike them. The CLR and Xitone seem to be preferred over the Friedman by most but I would like to find out for myself. I wonder if that would be a better option than the Headrush 112. I imagine so since the Friedman is $1,000 speaker and for $580 that seems like a good deal.

The Headrush is better than the Friedman hands down and half the weight.

+1 regards the FRFR108s. handy , easy to carry around and good sounding . using them at home also in rehearsal room. and we have a very loud drummer :(:cool:

on a budget, but nevertheless, very good sounding: harley benton FRFR 112A (Got one direct on my AFX (got a stereo pair of Matrix GM50+FRFR cabs with my audio interface Motu 828es)
Very pleased with the flat souding HB frfr, no bump frequency or other bad noises. Powerfull & clean.
cant be beat for the price.

I found the QSC sterile sounding and could not bond with them, sold it.
I currently have 2 HeadRush 108's and a 1 x12 HeadRush.
Best bang for the buck is HeadRush.
I would not purchase the 1 x 12 though, I feel it's too big for me AND I get all I need and more out of the 2, 1 x 8's!

A common complaint of speakers on the floor is boominess, it’s not specific to the 108s. Uncouple the speaker from the floor and the sound should improve, they don’t need to be at head level.
IIRC, the HeadRush FRFR108s have a "contour" switch for scooping mids...not sure if this is effective for speaker stand or floor use, just thought I'd mention this as a side note of the HR FRFRs...

I have not used the Friedman (or the headrush), but if you are into heavy\metal tones, The Friedman should work perfectly for you. I know the Friedman's a bit heavy to lug around, but never heard one in the flesh. I had a Xitone for a while, great sounding, and doesn't color your tone when you need to crank it up.

Back
Top Bottom