Behringer x32 Rack for IEMs

Hmmmm - signifying a stock-clearing upgrade?

Ya this is exactly what I was thinking too. 1200 is cheap though and I can't imagine what else we'd need. We are back and forth. No shows this summer so might be worth waiting til then. I'm gasing for it bad tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still learning how to use this thing (btw: their message board is awesome!), but for me I used mixbus 1 and 2 and link them for stereo (that's my IEM) out. On the phone app I can pan each channel how I wish (bass pan a bit to the left, etc).

As far as doing a virtual soundcheck, I know it has a built-in 2 channel recorder, but haven't messed with it yet. I was able to hook it up to my Ableton and record with it. Since I don't use a laptop onstage I haven't really looked into it. But will have a router hooked up so everyone can control their mixes on their phone.

Hope this helps!

-PJ
This is good, so you can in fact pan them on the q app right? We all pan our channels a bit different right now so I would want to keep it that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gentlemen,

Hope you don't mind a quick question. I just tripped over this thread and I am getting very close to pulling the trigger on a 16-channel Studio Live AI board. My requirements are pretty basic.

FOH mix:

1 guitar
1 bass
1 keyboard
5 vocals
1 drums

Need 6 monitor mixes so everyone can have their own monitor mix.

An easy avenue to record, which is the reason I have been focused on the StudioLive boards.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

What is the question?

Btw I got the x32 rack about a month ago and it has been the best purchase ever next to the axe fx. I have a fully functional 22 in, 14 out digital mixer in my guitar rack and have already shown up to a gig where the main mixer went down and we used mine instead. You can do a lot from the front panel, albeit slowly, but it works no problem. Wifi control of course works great.

What is the question?

Btw I got the x32 rack about a month ago and it has been the best purchase ever next to the axe fx. I have a fully functional 22 in, 14 out digital mixer in my guitar rack and have already shown up to a gig where the main mixer went down and we used mine instead. You can do a lot from the front panel, albeit slowly, but it works no problem. Wifi control of course works great.

Sorry Chris, the question is simply to get your thoughts on how you think the board would work for my situation, and also, for those of you who have used both this unit and the Studio Live, to get your thoughts on the pluses and minuses of each.

I just pulled the trigger and picked one up. Looking forward to it.

Next up... upgrading my in-ear buds. Looking at 1964 Ears (the V6 Stage models).

-PJ
Hi, it's been 6 months how do you feel about the 1964 ears you upgraded to? Pro's ? Cons?

Sorry Chris, the question is simply to get your thoughts on how you think the board would work for my situation, and also, for those of you who have used both this unit and the Studio Live, to get your thoughts on the pluses and minuses of each.

Do you need WiFi iPad capabilities? Or would you mix with the board mostly?

The StudioLive is a great mixer, but it definitely focuses on Recording in my opinion. I wish the graphic EQ was a bit more accessible, but it is relatively easy to use.

The biggest gripe is non flying faders, which may not be a big deal, but once you've used a digital board that has them, you never want to go back!

Assuming it has the I/O you need, it's not a bad choice.

If you have any more specific questions about them, I can try to rack my memory. I don't own one but have used and taught the first 2 models a few years ago.

Totally reviving an old thread, but one question I can find the answer to online: When using the P16 to control your monitor mix, is the mix saved when you power off then power back on the x32 (from gig to gig) or do you need to reset your mix each night? I assume you can save your monitor mix when using the Aux sends with an iPad.

Totally reviving an old thread, but one question I can find the answer to online: When using the P16 to control your monitor mix, is the mix saved when you power off then power back on the x32 (from gig to gig) or do you need to reset your mix each night? I assume you can save your monitor mix when using the Aux sends with an iPad.
The P16M saves your settings if using the CAT5 from the X32 to feed them - in other words, the whole P16 config. Settings are not saved on the X32 as there's nothing (other than default routing config) to save - that's all done on your individual P16M.

If you use the XLR out busses for IEM mixes, then yes, those settings are saved on the X32.

For the P16, your mix will persist through power on/power off and 16 different mixes can also be saved and recalled later.

What is the question?

Hi Chris, I think it just got better. Have you seen this yet? FULL 32 track USB recording with this add on:http://www.musictech.net/2015/09/utrack-x32/

Last edited:
Hey all - a bit of a thread revival here... but seemed an appropriate place to ask.

My band is getting ready to dive into IEMs and the X32 Rack is our likely mixer. Without any additional hardware (i.e., the S-16 snake), how many stereo IEM mixes can I run? I'm thinking it would be 6 or possibly 7? I need a minimum of 4 and preferably 6...

Thanks,

Kevin

8 XLR out give you 4, 6 1/4" Aux outs give you 3 more, and you could use the headphone jack on the front for 1 more.

Remember there are no dedicated main outs or stage monitor outs. You assign what you need. So if you wanted Main outs for FOH, you'd lose 1'or 2 of those.

8 XLR out give you 4, 6 1/4" Aux outs give you 3 more, and you could use the headphone jack on the front for 1 more.

Remember there are no dedicated main outs or stage monitor outs. You assign what you need. So if you wanted Main outs for FOH, you'd lose 1'or 2 of those.

Perfect - Thanks Chris!

Back
Top Bottom