Behringer Europower EPQ900 1U 10.8lb Power Amp

Im always open to reviews.

My personal opinion on behringer product is not based on the internet - but many many years of using them. Primarily because I couldnt afford to use much better quality. ive used power amps, studio processors, EQ units, Mics etc etc etc. without doubt there all good value for money. Without doubt they sound OK if not great and do a job. Without doubt the built, reliabilty and overall qualty are crap. You do get what you pay for.

If you can only afford something the price of the behringer, then there as good as anything else in their price bracket I guess - but youd still be better served saving a little for something better. For the same sort on money as a new behringer amp, you could get a used power amp of better quality. Ultimately its your coin and your choice and I hope it works out for you.

Oh for sure! Im buying this as a temp since the atomic monoblocks won't be restocked until the 4th quarter of 2012... Too long of a wait.. Last amp i used it with was through the fx return of the 6505 and it sounded fantastic... I guess il see the real difference in a few days once i get it.
I agree with u you though... Behringer was crap for a loooong time...depending on what unit... But i also know that they'vr become quite huge... And the new amps are open front to back(better ventilation) **cause i know behringer was terrible as for amps overheating and turning off and clipping at low levels with that dumb little hiss in the background that made the offcial "behringer" crap frequency that whe've all heard and hated**
I guess im just really excited because they've done the trial/error path for like 25 years... Maybe their years of experiences
Finally payed off... Hopefully :p... But maybe not haha i guess il find out in 6 days lol

Before I’d spend 250$ on a Behringer I’d take a look at some used options. For example, I picked up a Carver TFM-42 about a year ago for 250€, wasn’t intended for use with the Axe when I bought it, but I tried it with the Axe and it just literally blew me away. Granted this is a home stereo amp and doesn’t have XLR inputs nor jack speaker outs, but this powerhouse was an absolute revelation and rivals the tonal quality of any high end tube amp, not to be confused with the coloration of guitar based tube amps. This Amp also brings with it one of the main features necessary for accuracy, great dynamics and clarity, a shitload of headroom. Not to mention that this amp will tame any speaker source that you can throw at it. I would even go so far as to say that it would blow the Matrix GT1000 FX out of the water. This isn’t a sales pitch for a Carver it’s just to show that there are high end options out there for little money.

8-ohm FTC rated power/ch 375 W
4-ohm FTC rated power/ch 500 W
2-ohm dynamic power/ch 560 W
Bridged mono power 1000 W
4/8-ohm FTC rated THD 0.5 %
Rated full power bandwidth 20-20kHz
S/N-IHF A-Weighted,dB 110
Slew Rate 180
Dimensions (HxWxD inches) 3.5x19x10.5
Comments Stereo

I gave up waiting for reviews and went ahead with ordering the EPQ900. It arrived a couple of weeks ago but I haven't had a chance to turn it up above apartment volume. I can tell you though that the fans are pretty loud - at least in a living room - but not loud enough to be a problem in a live performance situation.

Not much else I can tell you. It sounds like any other power amp at low volume. Steel chassis seems sturdy enough and construction generally seems good.

Attachments

• P1010228.jpg
    P1010228.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 53
I gave up waiting for reviews and went ahead with ordering the EPQ900. It arrived a couple of weeks ago but I haven't had a chance to turn it up above apartment volume. I can tell you though that the fans are pretty loud - at least in a living room - but not loud enough to be a problem in a live performance situation.

Not much else I can tell you. It sounds like any other power amp at low volume. Steel chassis seems sturdy enough and construction generally seems good.

For what it's worth, the EPQ1200 is class AB, although it takes up 2 rack spaces. Only $270 at AMS with free shipping. Curious as to how this one sounds with an FRFR rig.

Alright! If anybody is syill interested in knowing if the new europower 450 or 900 sound any good im happy to let you know that i'l be receiving mine shortly(in about a week or so)... Il be happy to post my review on here!

Waiting patiently ...

Is any Behringer product even half decent? really?

The x32 board is excellent and very reasonably priced. Their new digital snake works flawlessly, and the personal monitor system sounds every bit as good as aviom for a ton less money. As an engineer who repaired musical equipment for many years, I can assure you that I am familiar with the behringer crap of yesterday - I ended up telling people not to even waste their time repairing it. But they have seriously stepped up their game - at least with this equipment.

The EQP900 is RMS 175w per channel @ 8ohm, 275w @ 4ohm, if even that. The brochure watts are "peak", which the same as.. well, brochure watts. I have the EPQ450, manual says 95w@8ohm per channel, I can't say too much about it, since I haven't compared it to any other power amps. I'd say about as loud as a 40w tube amp into my 2x12", which is enough to play loud.

Last edited:
I use an EPQ2000 to power two Peavey 215s which I use as my FOH when playing small venues 50 to 300 people's. The Peaveys are 700 watts RMS and I've never had to push the behringer past 50% yet and I've used this setup for about 7 months.

Ignore the naysayers. It does its job and sounds great. What's important and no different from using any other poweramp and speaker is you have to tune your presets to the system you are using.

Oh yeah I also use the same EPQ2000 to power a stock marshall 1960b. It's killer, and leaves all the clean headroom you need to drive the speakers into breakup without damaging them.

Yes the fan is loud. But in 5 years owning and using this EPQ 2000, it's not been a problem. Your not putting a mic on the front of the poweramp....

I also use it home to enjoy music at club volumes daily.

No issues ever.

Behringer has a history from 30 years ago. People have problems letting this go.

I have it - use it to gig all the time. Love it. No problems at all. Small size, great output for a 4x12. Doesn't even get hot, I don't have to turn it up too far. Built VERY well - everything is as solid as it can be. I personally can't see a reason to get a more expensive amp. It's in a nice sturdy SKB rack case with the axe - I can't see any reason why it would fail. And if it does, a 3 year warranty was $15 extra - easy decision.

Some advice - y'all need to learn not to judge gear you haven't used.

I have a Carvin DCM1540L that one of the channels just died... so I am definitely hesitant to go with another Carvin again! Also, that Carvin DCM200L is only 100 watts at 4 ohm compared to 390 watts at 4 ohm.

Too bad that these amps have a rep for having loud fan noise.
Otherwise I'd definitely check them out.

Back
Top Bottom