Bedroom rehearsal idea...

Oh my back, that rack must be HEAVY !!!

Great gear ! :encouragement:

Haha - it's a two man job to get it in and out of the rock bus that's for sure!
laughing.gif

Unless I'm working on the AxeII at the rehearsal barn on my own that is...
rolleyes.gif

thumbsup.gif

Been rehearsing this way for quite some time. Full band into the desk (electric kit) from desk
Into audio interface to computer. Run a cheap multi channel headphone amp from the audio interfaces headphone socket. It has independant levels. To easy !

No chance our drummer will ever go electric.

:cry

Would love some more control over our gig sound.

The x18 only has 6 AUX outputs. Does this mean that only 6 musicians can create their own mixes (without add. hardware)?

X32 rack do not have 10 aux out just 6... But some outputs are MULTI OUTPUTS (you can route them the way you want), so we use them as AUX out. Just need to buy some uncommon cables to connect to headphone amp. Maybe the X18 will work the same way.

Oof, nice rig Joe!
yessmiley.gif

You're preaching to the choir with that one
thumbsup.gif

You even have the same Amphenol jacks coming out of the HP60 - the chances of that, huh..?
wink.gif

We also play live and rehearse with a silent stage. Drums with mesh heads triggering Superior Drummer, (2) Axe FX II's running direct, bass rack modeler, keys direct, everyone on in-ears.

Awesome setup! I am green with envy! :mrgreen

Quick question though, is it safe to have the AxeFX sitting up vertically like that? I was worried about the heat being generated inside not going out the vents properly and causing issues down the line.

Last edited:
I've never had any issues with the heat, at least with the Axe FX. I've personally become a little overheated in some of the places we play, where the air conditioning isn't working so well. ;-)

I've tried a variety of different cases and amp stands for the Axe FX, but ended up with the plastic case due to its light weight. I eliminated the amp stand when I added a connection panel to the front of the case. For the most part, I stick the Axe FX to the side of the stage and forget about it. I seldom touch it during a show. I do find that glancing over at the tuner is easer to use than the display on the MFC. Just my two pennies worth.

I've used variants of this idea at home for the last 15 years. It's all a lot easier now than it was then -- the components are cheaper and better, and systems like JamHub make the whole thing easier to put together. AF2 makes it possible to get much more realistic guitar tones. The basic elements one needs are: 1) direct processing for all instruments, 2) electronic drums, 3) a mixing board, 4) a headphone amp. Actually can be a bit of a game changer -- great sound, great mix, decent volume! What made things way more convenient for us was when I put plug ins into the wall of my music room. That got the cables out of the way. Suspect that with wireless today, even that part would be easier!

Back
Top Bottom