Banned for complimenting the Wiki??

Webb2

Apparently I was banned from the forum for complimenting Yek on the Wiki. Yesterday, I posted the following in this thread:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/104148-usa-rythm.html

The wiki says all kinds of things that aren't true.

Give the man some credit. I imagine it's not an easy task keeping everything up to date with all the firmware revisions. Case in point - I'm sure there are things in the manual that are outdated now as well. But for basically a one-man operation, Yek does a great job and the Wiki is an invaluable source of information.

My post was deleted shortly after and I was greeted with the following message:

"You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never"

Can someone please explain to me the harm in the above post? I've been an Axe Fx user and Fractal supporter since 2009 and had well over 1000 posts with no past infractions. FAS makes the rules and can do what they want. I'm just curious what the rationale is for the ban. Anyone?

Hopefully this kind of thing is not happening. I'm sure Yek wasn't very happy regarding a comment like that. And yes I'm afraid to reply lol.

Must be more to the story, I would assume?

If there's more to the story, then I'd like to hear about it too. Again - here are the sequence of events: I posted the above. It was deleted. I was banned. Not much more to the story than that.

Maybe you're not supposed to question Cliff, and I surely didn't mean anything offensive. I just wanted to acknowledge Yek for volunteering his time and effort to keep the Wiki as up to date as possible.

Keep in mind that a forum is not like a conversation, in which consequences for previous actions will immediately be visible.

You probably got banned for a post you did elsewhere.

And also keep in mind that the moderators here are actually extremely active in these forums; which means that your topic will:
a) end up closed anyway
b) close with a post of the mods, telling publicy what you did wrong, which might or might not end up being embarrassing for you.

On the final note, remember that mods are humans and mistakes happen. I actually banned someone in my modding forums by mistake once, simply because I clicked on the wrong button and didn't read the confirmation prompt.

Looks like someone hit the "Spam-o-matic" button by mistake. Moderators and admins have a special Spam-o-matic button that automatically deletes a post and bans a user. This is a plug-in used to combat spammers and bots.

I'm not sure if an account can be unbanned after this but since you have a new account it's not really necessary.

I am not reading anything above that would justify banning someone from this forum.
Hopefully this was just a mistake and FAS reverses sooner than later...

Edit: Sounds like this was just a mistake. Guess it happens!

Looks like someone hit the "Spam-o-matic" button by mistake.

Is that kinda like the Bass-O-Matic?

bassomatic.jpg

Looks like someone hit the "Spam-o-matic" button by mistake. Moderators and admins have a special Spam-o-matic button that automatically deletes a post and bans a user. This is a plug-in used to combat spammers and bots.

I'm not sure if an account can be unbanned after this but since you have a new account it's not really necessary.

Can this be included in the new AxeEdit?

Back
Top Bottom