Bank D ?

jmo

Wish list outside of a "favorites" bank
How about a Bank D thats all blank where we can either load up / double up on a bank or store / copy our most used, edited or favorite patches ?
What ya think ?

Wish list outside of a "favorites" bank
How about a Bank D thats all blank where we can either load up / double up on a bank or store / copy our most used, edited or favorite patches ?
What ya think ?

Good idea but wait until AxeManage comes out and see what goodies have taken so long to develop.
What I did to get around the situation you describe was to go through all of the factory presets and delete the ones I really didn't like. I then consolidated the remaining presets into banks B and C. That left 127 memory locations (all of bank A) that I use as a "song mode scratch pad". In other words, I allocated 5 presets per song that are duplicates chosen from the other 2 banks. Some of my presets are repeated several times throughout bank A. I arrived at this scheme due to the fact that I use an FC-300 which increments it's way through presets one by one. It is set up to increment bank by bank (5 each) starting with "Bank1, patch1". If I don't need all 5 presets for a particular song, the remaining memory locations are not used (wasted, if you will) and the next song's group starts with a bank increment. If I play a song out of sequence (a request), I consult a little "cheat-sheet" that tells me the bank number to go to. I don't ever do more than 25 songs in a night.
When AxeManage comes along, I will be able to build my song list a whole lot easier….I'm holding my breath!

Reactions: jmo
As soon as you offer an empty bank, there will be a new item on the wish list asking for factory presets to fill that empty bank. And as soon as it's been filled, someone will ask for another empty bank. If you give a mouse a cookie... :)

Here's another way to look at it: the Axe-Fx has two banks, and a third bank that's empty. They just happened to fill that empty bank with free presets. :)

Ok how bout this, give me every amp and cab combo, "simple" and get rid of the crazy fx patches that at times seems unusable, some of them are fantastic but it's a tad overkill. It would really be great for "all" of the amps to be showcased as a preset, but just give it to me with some reverb again simple etc.
Sure, I go thru and tweak, it takes me a week or two, but less is more & way too many of the new amps are not represented in the patch lists.

Ok how bout this, give me every amp and cab combo, "simple" and get rid of the crazy fx patches that at times seems unusable, some of them are fantastic but it's a tad overkill. It would really be great for "all" of the amps to be showcased as a preset, but just give it to me with some reverb again simple etc. Sure, I go thru and tweak, it takes me a week or two, but less is more & way too many of the new amps are not represented in the patch lists.
I second this. I'd love a bank of nothing but all the amps and corresponding cabs tweaked by the fractal masters. I can do this, and have done it, but I've never played most of the amps in real life so I don't know what they are supposed to sound like.

Ok how bout this, give me every amp and cab combo, "simple" and get rid of the crazy fx patches that at times seems unusable, some of them are fantastic but it's a tad overkill. It would really be great for "all" of the amps to be showcased as a preset, but just give it to me with some reverb again simple etc.
Sure, I go thru and tweak, it takes me a week or two, but less is more & way too many of the new amps are not represented in the patch lists.
The "crazy fx patches" are like any set of factory presets.. they are designed to showcase the capabilities of the unit. If you don't like them and view them as "overkill" then get rid of them.. it's VERY SIMPLE to reload a factory Bank. FAS has never provided every amp/cab combo (that I know of, and I've been around a while -join date in profile does not reflect time on the old Yahoo supported forum) in factory presets. That may have been possible when there were limited numbers of cabs in the Std/Ultra.. but not today.

There's no substitute for a little "elbow grease" and what you are asking for can be done on your own... and done simply and QUICKLY using AE. Besides, it's educational. FWIW - it probably took me longer to type this out than it would for you to make half a dozen new "factory" presets using AE and the method outlined below.
Follow these steps, assuming we are going to do this with Bank C and that it ONLY contains the Factory presets. If not, back it up first, using FractalBot.
  1. OPEN AE, open the 12.03 release notes (it lists all new amps)
  2. Select "59 Bassguy" preset to edit - it uses the typical Factory preset structure. Turn off all blocks except amp/cab.
  3. Go to the amp block, and select one of the new amps that doesn't have a factory preset already, replacing the "59 Bassguy" in the preset. INITIALIZE the new amp model.
  4. Then, change the cab in the preset to the stock cab referenced in the wiki amp page, save to preset 256 (Preset.. Save to New Preset Number... in AE's top menu).
  5. Repeat steps 2 thru 4 for each new amp, save to increasing preset numbers in Bank C (keep track of last saved).
  6. Repeat until done.

There's no need for a Bank D...

Last edited:
SoC9 thanks for take'n the time to write and give the set up run down, some new things I will definitely do. and I totally hear ya. I have been making my own, adding the new and tweaking for days and I l Love it.

I think my thoughts behind my post was the programming and save of time would overall be great if it was all laid out & done by fractal, but yes a little elbow grease goes a long way and you just get better at programming the AXE-FX. I guess I would still like a bank D Empty and ready to fill, but that's just me. Sometime more is good ! LOL !

Overall the Axe-FX has changed what I do and how authentic my guitars sound, and it was worth every penny !! & this forum rocks as well ! Thanks again !

Back
Top Bottom