Bands first full gig

javajunkie

Finally got some video of our band. We've had a lot of challenges on the way but we now our band going full-tilt. This was our Black friday gig and i was sporting the obligatory black Fractal Audio t-shirt :)
It was great to see a full dance floor and really engaged crowd.

This video is from our "Nitro Set". It is a full 45 minutes set of upbeat dance songs with no breaks. We play all off some songs parts of others but one song just transitions to the next w/o a break the Youtube video is a few excerpts.
Both guitars (when there are 2) are Axe-fx IIs. I have a mini solo at 3:30 of the video. Click on watch on youtube if it doesn't play here.

The whole set consists of these songs:
What I like About You
I Want You to Want Me
Should I Stay of Should I Go
Friends Theme
Play that Funky Music
Enter Sandman
Teen Spirit
You Really Got Me
My Sharona
I'm a Believer
Message in A bottle
Rock n Roll All night
Whip it
New Sensation
Mony, Mony

Ah, the two I wanted to hear didn't make the video (Message in a Bottle and New Sensation) but you guys had the crowd going and the idea of a Nitro set is an excellent one that more bands should try to do. Thanks for sharing Sean.

Your Romantics patch sounds more authentic than mine so I'll have to work on that one.

Nice stuff....funny, the song you mention for your solo "play that funky music" is one I just got handed to me to learn for my band. I have actually never played it. Work to be done lol ;)

Ah, the two I wanted to hear didn't make the video (Message in a Bottle and New Sensation) but you guys had the crowd going and the idea of a Nitro set is an excellent one that more bands should try to do. Thanks for sharing Sean.

Your Romantics patch sounds more authentic than mine so I'll have to work on that one.

That patch is pretty generic. I use it for probably 60% of the songs in that set. It is a cameron 1 with redwire cabs.

Great Douglas Adams reference :D

Having an engaged crowd can make all the difference between an ok gig and a great one, plus that's what the club owners want to see. The "Nitro' set seems like a no brainer for dance music. People come to dance, then they drink and dance some more. You guys will be one of the better paid acts if you keep it up. Nice work!! I thought it sounded great!

Weehoo! Great to see some movement on the dancefloor! You did play that funky music alright! <3

nitroset is a great idea. get the people moving, yeah baby!

Great job Sean. Nice club you were in that they actually had lights. I saw my buddy's band a few weeks ago and they were in total darkness. You think that they would at least have a couple cans up.

That Message in a Bottle is a stretch for my old hands. It's a nice exercise though. The chorus is bare/power chords, so at least there's a break. If you're attention deficit, forget about it. ;)

It's worse for us, we play it in C instead of C#. Trying to ding the harmony and play that is still killing me.

It's worse for us, we play it in C instead of C#. Trying to ding the harmony and play that is still killing me.

I hear that. Just when I think I've got it down, Summers is singing backup. Not that I gig or anything, but that's one song I'd get out of the way quickly. ;)

we are already tuned to Eb on top of that :)
No pitchshifting like that for me, don't care for it, not even on the variax or vg99

Ah so it's really in B sonically rather than position wise. B is easier to do on a guitar not tuned down but tuned to E standard. I just tried it but of course changing guitars in the middle of your dance set won't work. Got it on the pitch shift.

Ah so it's really in B sonically rather than position wise. B is easier to do on a guitar not tuned down but tuned to E standard. I just tried it but of course changing guitars in the middle of your dance set won't work. Got it on the pitch shift.

right, B pitch-wise but played as C.

right, B pitch-wise but played as C.

Some of the bands I play with also tunes down a half step.
Always confusing:
"Let's play that one in C."
"You mean C on the fretboard or originally?"
"Originally."
"So that we play it on the fretboard in C#?"
etc.....

Back
Top Bottom