Bagpipes Patch - Updated for AxeFx III - Firmware 22

Hey guys, since this is not possible on an FM3 (only one synth block for starters) would this work on the FM9? I have no desire for a rack unit, but would consider an upgrade to the FM9 if it can do the magic like this preset that the FM3 can’t handle. Thanks!

The fact the AxeFx can make our guitars sound like this is astonishing to me. Has anyone tried to emulate an Organ? That would be icing on the cake for me.

Factory preset "Organic!" ;)
Thank you so much Rex. I never seem to get further than factory preset 100. They are all so fantastic. I will check this one out when I get back home. What a cool and fitting name for a preset..who knew?.

Thank you so much Rex. I never seem to get further than factory preset 100. They are all so fantastic. I will check this one out when I get back home. What a cool and fitting name for a preset..who knew?.
You're welcome!

It pays to venture past preset 100. There's a treasure trove of wildly creative stuff there.

wow absolute incredible !... Just had to redo the volume block to the FC 12 pedal controller .. works prefect I am finding myself playing Braveheart.. the Dance from Robin Hood .. and any other Irish tune I can find.

I am new in AXE FX and I like this patch. I downloaded it to my Axe Fx III, but I don't know how to use it. When I strum a string I can hear drone, but it fade out in few seconds. And how to play a melody? Can you help me, please?

I am new in AXE FX and I like this patch. I downloaded it to my Axe Fx III, but I don't know how to use it. When I strum a string I can hear drone, but it fade out in few seconds. And how to play a melody? Can you help me, please?
I have 2 pedals attached to controllers to control the level of the drone and the melody level separately.

However, it should still work if you disable those controllers. (It will just be annoying because as soon as you select the patch the drone will sound - and it is an obnoxious sound!)

Added patch for Cygnus 16.05 firmware on Sep 18 2021
Added patch for Firmware 22 beta 7 on April 11, 2023

Hey everyone,

I originally created a Bagpipes patch for The AxeFx II over 7 years ago. I finally got around to tweaking it for AxeFx III. (Firmware 11.0)

I've simplified it a little and I went without the Tone Match because I didn't feel it made it any better. I hope you like it!

Patch is attached.

I have External 1 assigned to Input Volume.
I have External 2 assigned to a pedal to control the drone volume.

Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy!

Dude that is incredible. Thanks for the downloads too.

Thank you for updating. I have your older patch instaled and I can't download this new one, because I have firmware 21 and don't know where 22 firmware can be downloaded.
I have got axe fx III for few days and don't know where to disable those controllers. Can you help, please.?

Mark, I don't understand how to change the dron key. In another thread you mentioned, that dron key can be changed by tweaking the frequency parameter for each of the voices on Synth 2. The Synth 2 of A key dron of your preset has 374 Hz. Bud frequency 374 has no key. Please help?

Mark, I don't understand how to change the dron key. In another thread you mentioned, that dron key can be changed by tweaking the frequency parameter for each of the voices on Synth 2. The Synth 2 of A key dron of your preset has 374 Hz. Bud frequency 374 has no key. Please help?
The drone key can be changed by tweaking the frequency parameter for each of the voices on Synth 2. (Tweak all 3 to be the same or just slightly different).
Key of G >> Freq ~ 330Hz
Key of A >> Freq ~ 374Hz
Key of Bb >> Freq ~ 390Hz

I do not know the Math behind these numbers! I would have thought Key of A would have a Freq of 440Hz or 220Hz, but that didn't work.
Just use your ears (and a tuner perhaps) and tweak around until it sounds about right!

I have modified the Patch to include the Keys of G, A and Bb.

It is attached in the opening post.

Enjoy!

Mark, the guy in this video did with a chorus "lots of pipes" effect. Could you do this as another Scene with your patch, please?

Back
Top Bottom