Background Noise

Fenris

Inspired
Hey there! I was looking in the forum but I didnt find something like this. I saw some people say about noise but my noise it's different. I always have it, even with a noise gate. The only thing that do the noise gate is that when you are not playing, you dont hear it, but when you do a chord it sounds at the end... I have the axe near my TV and my PC... electrostatic? guitar pickups? When more gain, more noise... sec 12! I could upload another clip. Thanks

More noise

Last edited:
I have a lot more noise than that but I have more gain too. I don't like it but what can you do? I've made the special hum reducing cables for my outputs but they don't help. Good luck

Somebody said me that the screen of the computer could make interferences too... and yep, my axe was near pc, screen and mobile xD I will try again and tell you how it was. @REDD, record something and put it here, maybe the problem is the so much gain. If I cant take the noise out I can't do anything..

My rig is loaded up for my next gig but I only use a Mesa boogie power amp and four 4x12 cabs so I don't have it setup to record. Maybe the noise is in my rack or amp but my Rocktron prophesy was not this noisy. I do love the AXE though!
I keep a laptop on my rack at all times, could that do it?

High-frequency ground loop. Make sure everything is plugged into the same power strip.

I have this when I plug my iPhone into the same power line as the Axe. Without power connection there is absolute silence and as soon as the iPhone is connected to the power line I have the same background noise issues. The same with some laptops - when they run on battery usually no problem occurs but once a power line (or transformer) is near the guitar there it is. Try switching everything off but the Axe and listen to background noise using your earphones. Then switch your other gear back on one by one and eliminate the culprit... ;-)

High-frequency ground loop. Make sure everything is plugged into the same power strip.

Excuse me. I didn't understand. It's better to have every electronic devices in the same power strip or in different? I have my screen, pc and axe fx II in the same power strip, and this noise it's with that setup. Should I put the axe fx II in other power source?

@guitardoc, thanks for your comment. It's good to know that you fixed it doing that! I was thinking that it was because my guitar! :S

I tried it again in another power source. ONLY the axe fx, my earphones and my guitars. In the first one from yesterday (Edwards Kiko Loureiro Signature) there is a lot of noise even when I'm not playing. Obiously with high gains more than with acoustic, but there is noise in ever. I the other one (a Washburn Culprit very very very fucked) it has less noise. I can hear with high gains the typical back noise (well I think it's typical, maybe it's not. When you put high gains without noise gate you can hear something... if you put the radio over 3 or 4 it dissapears... uh?). It sounds a little and if I make sound 1 note a lot of time, there is coming slowly. With acoustic presets or not high gain there is no fucking noise.

Have I think that my Kiko Loureiro signature is working bad? When I touch the guitar input and the axe fx at the same time, there is so less noise... o_O I don't know what the fuck it's happening. I recorded some songs with this guitar and didn't have any noise. Can it be a Axe FX problem? Because I have it since THIS Monday... and if it's a problem from the axe I think I have to tell it ASAP, uh?

Well thanks to all again! Can you post a little record with a high gain and no noise gate... to hear what I think it's OK to hear? Because I don't know if that little little noise it's ok too... :( I'm sad

Another test (this is with the preset of the PVH6160 with the firmware 7. I only added the DRIVE... there is the noise gate from every preset, nothing else). I'm a paranoid?:

Last edited:
I'm having the exact same problems. I'm going to post some clips in another thread about this, as it's driving me nuts.

Back
Top Bottom