Back to previous Patch... Function

sale

Hi,
my old mid '90s Digitech 2120 - controller, had a pretty function that switched back to the previous selected patch when hitting the activated patch once again.
This was handy to switch back and forth between patches located in different banks.
EX:
Patch 1 in Bank 1 - activated.
then... switch to Bank 5
activate Patch 28
step again on the FC for Patch 28 - Patch 1/Bank1 comes up again
step again on the FC for Patch1 - Patch28/Bank 5 comes up again
step again....

Is this possible in the MFC-101 ?
Anyone besides me, who would like to see this in the MFC ?

greetings,
Reinhard

I used to have a 2120 as well, I loved that funcion on the controller. I had a 'Control one', then upgraded to a Johnson J20'

aalrh said:
User Manual: Global Preset
German Page 16 - 4.5
English Page 15 - 4.5

I think that´s it :)

Isn't the Global Preset a fixed preset?
The OP-er asks for something else, a variable: "previously active preset". Like the Back button in a web browser. The Gordius controller has it.
It's a brilliant feature, which eases preset switching a lot.

FractalAudio said:
Already in there.

...does this mean, the MFC can handle this?
Back to previous patch - when hitting the selected patch once more?

Like flipping between 2 patches by stepping again on the selected switch..

I think the previous preset would always be one of the switches, regardless of performance mode, unless you modified which preset default activates on bank up/down.

I wonder what Global Preset does The manual didn't make it clear for me.

Hi, did anyone come up with a way to bounce back to the previous preset by toggling ? I have done a thorough RTFM and am still perplexed. Cliff says it is in there, I'm not expecting him to wetnurse us through this by any means, so have any forumites stumbled upon the answer?

craiguitar said:
Hi, did anyone come up with a way to bounce back to the previous preset by toggling ? I have done a thorough RTFM and am still perplexed. Cliff says it is in there, I'm not expecting him to wetnurse us through this by any means, so have any forumites stumbled upon the answer?
Unless I completely missed the boat, I believe Cliff meant that you can set up a "go to" patch - i.e. a global patch (which IS in there), but that there is no current method to switch back to the prior patch used. That may be in a future firmware release.

s0c9 said:
craiguitar said:
Unless I completely missed the boat, I believe Cliff meant that you can set up a "go to" patch - i.e. a global patch (which IS in there), but that there is no current method to switch back to the prior patch used. That may be in a future firmware release.

I don't know, perhaps Cliff was referring to the global preset. Nevertheless that looks like it does not have the option to bounce back, so I suppose it's a firmware update feature request then....

To clarifiy:
I am not asking for a global preset, but for a "toggling" - function between the current and the last selected patch.
Think of a rhythm and a solo-patch which are not immediately accessible because they are "far away" from each other.

Before the song starts, you would select your rhythm patch, then switch banks and select the solo patch.
Now: you step on the selected solo-patch a SECOND time, which brings you back to your rhythm-patch.
Your song starts, when you are about to solo, you do not have to think "which bank, which patch", but you only step on the activated (LED guids you) switch and it takes you to the solo-patch. And vice versa...

the nice thing is you do not need to remember anything during playing, you just step on the already highlighted switch and it changes to the last one.

Not sure if this is now clear, but for a Digitech 2120/Controll-One-user this was a very neat feature!!
Example: Bank 1, Patch 2:
[ ] [x] [ ] [ ] [ ]
if the x is the activated footswitch you simply step again on it to get
Bank n, Patch xy - which was the previous selected
[ ] [ ] [ ] [x] [ ]
step again on x and your are back to
Bank 1, Patch 2
[ ] [x] [ ] [ ] [ ]
.. ad lib

Anyone favouring such a function ???

Cheers,
Reinhard

What he (sale) said...
Additionally hitting the same button should take you back to the previous preset, regardless of which bank it was in (i.e. you are in Bank 1 , preset #2, then you go up to bank 2, preset #6. Then Hit preset #6 again, and it takes you back to preset #2).

The PV TubeFX rig I used in the '90's did this. Really miss that feature (not the sound though... ;) )

Very handy when you're singing and need to toggle back between 2 presets. Ex Juniors Farm with harmony lead riff and no harmony for solo.

randocaster said:
The PV TubeFX rig I used in the '90's did this. Really miss that feature (not the sound though... ;) )

Very handy when you're singing and need to toggle back between 2 presets. Ex Juniors Farm with harmony lead riff and no harmony for solo.

I have noticed my Digitech GSP1101 / Control 2 now has this feature with the latest firmware (C57 and above). (Again, shame about the sound.. :lol:)

Back
Top Bottom