Back Into The Fractal Fold

Thomas-Hawk

Power User
Hey guys,

I started my journey with FAS in early 2011 with an Axe-Fx Ultra, then moved up to the Axe-Fx II in August of the same year. Really enjoyed the unit for 3 years, and experimented with FRFR (never really bonded with it) options, as well as using tube and solid state power amps and real guitar cabs, which I liked a lot. But ultimately, the Axe-Fx II taught me so much about tube amps that I eventually bought an EVH 5150 III 50W head and sold the Axe-Fx II in 2014.

Over the next two years, I experimented with a few more tube amps, including the 100W version of the EVH 5150 III head, a Friedman Dirty Shirley, a Bogner Helios, and just recently, a Friedman BE100. I really enjoyed using all of those heads, but the BE100 is "IT" for me. Man, what a great amplifier.

So, I've been using pedals for effects, which was working out ok, but now I'm in a gigging cover band and finding the "tap dancing" routine to be a PITA. The idea of just stepping on one switch to use a delay, EQ, perhaps a small volume boost, AND switch the amp into HBE (boost) mode all at once became more of a "need" than just a "want".

And so, naturally I came back to FAS knowing about the FX8 and what it could do, the quality of the effects, etc. Placed my order earlier today (thanks to Mark Day for the help!), and looking forward to "being back into the Fractal Fold!" Looks like things have changed quite a bit around here in the 2+ years that I've been gone, so I got lots of catching up to do, and looking forward to every minute of it.

-Tom

Back
Top Bottom