AxeOMatic DSP Now Available

LMO

Fractal Fanatic
AxeOMatic DSP is now available on the OwnHammer site. This is a collection of tools for creating and working with IRs, including generating sweep signals, deconvolving, transforming, and mixing IRs. It supports both Axe-Fx and Axe-Fx II formats and most common wave file PCM formats.

For more info see the User Guide.

Congrats on getting this out. I know that you've been working on it for a while and I just looked through the user guide and to say that I'm impressed is an understatement. And I know that the Mac guys are going to be over the moon.

I really wish that I had more time to help you with the beta testing, but between tearing a tendon in my arm and a heck of a lot going on in my personal life that I won't get into here I really dropped the ball. It looks fantastic though.

The conversion functions are the same except that it can resample when needed and it includes the option to apply a min phase transform.

Just uploaded a new version today with changes to the Audition function to support FW 7.0.0. I don't know when it will be staged to the download area, so look for version 1.0.2 before downloading an update.

Edit: I just learned that the update is available as soon as I upload it, but the version number on the web page has to be updated manually, so it may lag the current version temporarily.

Last edited:
Congrats on getting this out. I know that you've been working on it for a while and I just looked through the user guide and to say that I'm impressed is an understatement. And I know that the Mac guys are going to be over the moon.

I really wish that I had more time to help you with the beta testing, but between tearing a tendon in my arm and a heck of a lot going on in my personal life that I won't get into here I really dropped the ball. It looks fantastic though.
Thanks! There was a delay of several months from the time the program was finished until it was released for similar reasons. Long enough that I had to rework the build tools to work with Mountain Lion.

I was wondering if anyone here could help me out here. I've purchased Axeomatic DSP from the website, but I can't figure out how to convert an Axe II patch to my Axe Ultra. Help?

I was wondering if anyone here could help me out here. I've purchased Axeomatic DSP from the website, but I can't figure out how to convert an Axe II patch to my Axe Ultra. Help?

It doesn't convert patches, it only converts impulse responses. Patch conversion from Ultra/Standard to the AxeFx II is a manual process. There's no tool out there that has ever automated this.

not exactly false : the OP forgot to specify he talked about IRs, not presets - but the word preset isn't mentioned either. It's not false, but imprecise, although the use of the word ".wav" is a clue that the subject here is IRs, not presets

Can't get it to run on my XP machine. Won't start.
I purchased it with the Ownhammer Tier 3. I should have tried the demo first, I know, but I've never had any issues running anything on my machine and just put it in the basket while checking out. Old axomatic runs fine.
Sent LMO a private message but does anyone have any clues?

ah, it just looks like it does, then spits out the first ir put in? maybe thats why they sound the same, hand to forehead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok just bought let the mixing mayhem begin!

Last edited:
Can't get it to run on my XP machine. Won't start.
I purchased it with the Ownhammer Tier 3. I should have tried the demo first, I know, but I've never had any issues running anything on my machine and just put it in the basket while checking out. Old axomatic runs fine.
Sent LMO a private message but does anyone have any clues?

Looks like it needs to access the internet to start. No internet access on my DAW (Axe) machine. Anyway around this check?

I lost track of this thread and haven't been checking it regularly, but I'm subscribed now and should do a better job of keeping up.

I've been in touch with Kev and he reports his problem is fixed now. There have been a couple of other bugs that have come in that are also fixed and a few enhancements:

1. Made the number of input slots for MixIR variable and added it as a user setting.
2. Added check for new version at startup.
3. Remember directory from last dialog*
4. Fixed problem with false positive when scanning midi ports for an AxeFx.
5. Handle more error conditions when attempting to access version info from ownhammer.com (Kev's issue)
6. Fixed problem parsing the filepath on Windows when renaming IRs.

* The program uses system dialogs when asking for file names or folders, and the system decides which folder to start in. OSX always goes back to the last folder looked at, while Windows doesn't. With the change, if you make a selection in a system dialog (rather than click on Cancel) the program saves the name of that folder and asks for it the next time a dialog is opened.

Some of this stuff was in v1.1.1, the rest will be in v1.1.2, which will be available shortly.

Lynn

Back
Top Bottom