AxeFXSend : A tiny tool for auditioning IRs or presets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides the excellent cab audition, your bank audition add on is great! So fast and easy.
You've solved my only wishes for axe edit in less than 24 hours.

Right click on a .syx file and choose "Open With" then click "Choose Default Program..." Make sure the "Always Use Selected Program..." checkbox is checked and then browse to AxeFxSend.exe and click OK. This will associate .syx files with AxeFxSend. Now when you open a .syx file (double click, highlight and click enter, etc.) AxeFxSend will automatically send the .syx file to the scratchpad location in the Axe Fx II and select the scratchpad as the cab in your preset. It's pretty awesome.

Ahh.....thank you, that makes perfect sense!

Can't wait to use this, it looks to be an outstanding solution to auditioning Cabs quickly.

Thank you Al (and Rich)

Just sat down with this......absolutely awesome!
I just looped a riff and flipped through all the free Ultrares files I could find.....in minutes.
Thank you so much Al.

I successfully do the opposite : I work in XCode on a Mac and build my projects for both OSX and Win32 without stepping out of OSX. I use a free mingw32 gcc crosscompiler to make the win32 executables from my Mac, I can do the same for Linux with a linux crosscompiler. Perhaps there is a way to do it the other way around by using a windows native gcc to osx crosscompiler? I don't know if there is some proprietary apple stuff that prevents such a thing.. In the mean while I could check if I can have your code compile on OSX if you like. Looks like a useful tool.

Cool !
This might be a stupid question but what can you do with this program that we couldn´t allready do ?

You can either double click a cab in your file Explorer in Windows to send it to the scratchpad, or simply drag the Cab to the axesend window. Explorer is still open with your Cab directory for easy access.
This will save lots of time comparing doing it in Fractal Bot where you have to click several times and navigate to every Cab you'd like to audition. It also sends ultra res .syx files whereas Cab Lab will not, it will only send .ir files.
Likewise you can audition presets in bank .syx files. Very handy and fast if you want to go through presets in a bank that's on your computer and not on your axe.
Great little tool here! Simplicity is its biggest advantage!

0.5beta : You can now drag & drop a folder. AxeFXSend will the send the first file of the folder. Then you can use Next/Prev buttons or Left/Right arrow keys to navigate between files of the folder and its subfolders !

Do you know what would be great? If the software sends the files in this folder one by one automatically. So that every few seconds (make the time adjustable) the next file will be send automatically. This would be a great way to audition every file in the folder and you have your hands free to play the guitar :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom