AxeFXSend : A tiny tool for auditioning IRs or presets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do yourself a favour and buy a i7 or multi core Mac with 16+GB of ram. That way you can run any windows platform at the same time using Parallels VM. Rad studio from Embarcadero has C++ and compile to OSX. Even does IOS and Android!

Check it out. I only have Mac computers but have XP, Vista, Win 7 and 8.1 all running perfectly with cutting and pasting between OS's.
Kind of an expensive solution, but worth considering if the company deals with a lot of demanding business associates.

Sorry for getting off-topic.

Not sure what I'm missing here.
Downloaded the .exe
When I open it, a small black window pops open for a second, then closes.....and that's it.
No tool to be seen? Am I doing something wrong?

Downloaded the .exe
When I open it, a small black window pops open for a second, then closes.....and that's it.

Right click on a .syx file and choose "Open With" then click "Choose Default Program..." Make sure the "Always Use Selected Program..." checkbox is checked and then browse to AxeFxSend.exe and click OK. This will associate .syx files with AxeFxSend. Now when you open a .syx file (double click, highlight and click enter, etc.) AxeFxSend will automatically send the .syx file to the scratchpad location in the Axe Fx II and select the scratchpad as the cab in your preset. It's pretty awesome.

Downloaded the .exe
Exactly what Rick explained ;)

I've just uploaded 0.3alpha version :
- It automatically associates itself with .syx files on the first run, so just launch it one time then quit.
- An icon has been associated with .syx files
- Can be launched alone, then dragging files to its window will send them to the AxeFx.
- When opening a .syx file, a progress window is shown during the transfer.
- About window available for checking version currently installed.

Works great!! Just what I was looking for. Very simple and now auditioning heaps of cabs is a breeze.
FAS should contact you and see if they can incorporate this as a simple button in Axe Edit and CabLab...

Just a little add, to put in perspective that this tool can also be very convenient when downloading AxeChange content, then you can audition directly from your Web browser...

Have been using it all evening yesterday and all morning today. No bugs
This little thing is HUUUUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom