axefxology

simeon said:
four more added to the original post

a proper sample and hold, a freeze patch, a moogish synth lead (copied the settings from the ES-1 monosynth in Logic), and a pedal filter thingy

enjoy!

sim

ps - apologies for my rather boring playing....i don't think about what i'm going to do before i play these demos....i just sort of footle about so you can hear the sounds

very nice on the freeze. I love the Moog patch.

Can you tell me a little more about dialing it in?

thanks sean

the secret sauce for the moog patch is to select the triangle wave and set the duty to 1.0.
i have a distorted amp feeding the synth, to even out the dynamics and get sustain.
envelope is attached to the synth filter.
synth attack is set at 16ms.
for the vibrato, select the triangle wave lfo and attach it to the advanced whammy or the shift parameter in the synth block. the trick is then to attach your cc pedal to the lfo depth, so that as you push the pedal down, the vibrato gets wider, but stays at a fixed rate.
colour with modulations of your choice and add delay and verb to taste.
if you find you're getting a lot of false triggering, you can up the noise gate to kill any handling noise and play with the tone controls on the amp as well.

best

sim

simeon said:

a proper sample and hold, a freeze patch, a moogish synth lead (copied the settings from the ES-1 monosynth in Logic), and a pedal filter thingy

enjoy!

sim

ps - apologies for my rather boring playing....i don't think about what i'm going to do before i play these demos....i just sort of footle about so you can hear the sounds

Simon, you're a soundscape wizard.
Can you explain the freeze patch?

yek said:
simeon said:

enjoy!

sim

Simon, you're a soundscape wizard.
Can you explain the freeze patch?

thank you sir

the freeze itself is generated by running a couple of multidelays into a longish reverb (in a parallel chain). control is achieved by attaching a cc pedal simultaneously to the delay feedback and to the delay input. when your toe is down, feedback is low but input is high (to capture audio into the freeze), then rock your foot back and this cuts off the input and raises feedback to 100%. you need to play around with the curves and the damping parameters to achieve a smooth capture.
if you use a momentary pedal instead of a cc pedal, you can just hit the pedal once and capture a chunk of audio (depending on how long the damping is set), so it's even easier.

cheers

sim

Getting this on you r links now :cry:

You don’t have access rights to view this page, please go back and select another, or click the link below

javajunkie said:
Getting this on you r links now :cry:

You don’t have access rights to view this page, please go back and select another, or click the link below

hi sean, yes this happens with some people. if you right-click on the link, select "copy" and then "paste" it into the address field of your brpwser, you should be able to listen fine.

i'm updating my website with a flash player at the moment. i have some of these loaded up already and i'll be adding more soon

best

sim

EDIT: i just made some changes to my hotlink protection, so try again, it should be fine now

ok, so i had a quick go doing the choppy/glitchy thing using the trem set to square and 1/16 and using my cc pedal attached to the depth control. this works ok, but i think i could do something more interesting using the reverse delay, if i can figure out how to trip the "run" control. i can envision a "glitch" patch with two reverse delays a square trem and the sequencer tied to volume all triggered by footswitches. i've had a pounding headache the last two days (bad cataract in my right eye - operation soon), but hopefully i'll feel better tomorrow and i can have a play around.

simeon said:
ok, so i had a quick go doing the choppy/glitchy thing using the trem set to square and 1/16 and using my cc pedal attached to the depth control. this works ok, but i think i could do something more interesting using the reverse delay, if i can figure out how to trip the "run" control. i can envision a "glitch" patch with two reverse delays a square trem and the sequencer tied to volume all triggered by footswitches. i've had a pounding headache the last two days (bad cataract in my right eye - operation soon), but hopefully i'll feel better tomorrow and i can have a play around.

awesome stuff!

I've been super busy but tried some of the suggestions you mentioned in this thread and they have definitely helped learning to get my head around getting these different sounds!

came across some happy accidents myself.....the scary thing is how much the axe-fx can do!

get well & love your music to!

Hi Simeon,

Sean pointed me to this thread and I am glad he did. (Thanks Sean!)

Good to know you got your AxeFx and are putting it to GREAT use.

Cheers

BMF
(the one from Bristol)

Awwwwwweeesome! I love these kinda sounds and look forward to seeing what the Axe is capable of on this front. Great stuff!

thanks guys...means a lot

updated the original post with one more clip, called "stutter"

using the random lfo to change delay time and a cc pedal to feed the delay and control feedback (just like with the freeze patch)

best

sim

Wow ... You know you could earn money selling them ....

What's also nice (experienced this by accident): load them and let play them simultaneously :))

Back
Top Bottom