AxeFxII Collection on GDrive

Good grief, that must have taken you ages to do. Great idea and very useful to have an archive of all that stuff. I just wish I had the time to audition even half of it, but it is very useful having it there.

I am surprised sometimes at how helpful folk are on this forum. Thank you.

Thanks for putting in the effort to do this. It looks great. It's certainly opens my eyes to the amount of threads I'm missing. I don't recall some of these patches. It's nice to have them in a repository like this.

Excellent idea, very usefull ! Thanks for your time (obviously you had to invest many hours for such a nice result).

yes, top man! the only thing that concerns me slightly, is that we don't know which version of the firmware was used to create the presets (or who made them). normally this wouldn't be such a problem. but with such a massive change between 5 and 6, i suspect that many of them may not sound great if they were created on 5 and loaded in 6...

as we can edit, it might be sensible if everyone has a look through and adds a note if they know which version of the firmware was used for each one...

edit: just discovered we can't edit the descriptions for individual patches... :(

yes, top man! the only thing that concerns me slightly, is that we don't know which version of the firmware was used to create the presets (or who made them). normally this wouldn't be such a problem. but with such a massive change between 5 and 6, i suspect that many of them may not sound great if they were created on 5 and loaded in 6...

as we can edit, it might be sensible if everyone has a look through and adds a note if they know which version of the firmware was used for each one...

edit: just discovered we can't edit the descriptions for individual patches... :(

I agree! Up until now, when I downloaded a preset(s) I put them in folders in AxeEdit named after the person who uploaded it. Moving forward, I'm going to put everything in folders named for the fw version they were written in. This is critical information.

Great work though TBB! Your efforts are much appreciated :ugeek

I agree! Up until now, when I downloaded a preset(s) I put them in folders in AxeEdit named after the person who uploaded it. Moving forward, I'm going to put everything in folders named for the fw version they were written in. This is critical information.

Great work though TBB! Your efforts are much appreciated :ugeek

As you can see on GDrive, the presets are actually sorted starting from Firmware 4 to 6.02. For bigger posters like yek, smilefan etc. I've created subfolders.
All the other presets in the general folder "Presets" are from Firmware 1 to 3.
I have also enabled the editing feature. I wasn't sure about this, because people could easily delete files by accident.

Last edited:
Looks like a lot of effort went into this, and I can see the value of having a single place to look for stuff you may have lost track of.

I have a couple of concerns, though. The first is that we have a wiki, and I'd prefer to see effort expended keeping it up to date rather than starting something that is totally independent. Second, when you pull things out of various threads and post them en masse like this, you've divorced them from the original context, including attribution.

On the plus side, these files won't disappear if things are edited or deleted on the forum.

Looks like a lot of effort went into this, and I can see the value of having a single place to look for stuff you may have lost track of.

I have a couple of concerns, though. The first is that we have a wiki, and I'd prefer to see effort expended keeping it up to date rather than starting something that is totally independent. Second, when you pull things out of various threads and post them en masse like this, you've divorced them from the original context, including attribution.

On the plus side, these files won't disappear if things are edited or deleted on the forum.

I agree with your concerns. Though, I'm doing this till AxeChange arrives. (which seems to be in beta right now)
Also it would be nice to have a preset search box for the forum. (pretty much a search box for attachments) This way, we could locate threads with the presets.
@RonnR: I do have a local backup of everything. So I'll see if its more positive or negative.

Back
Top Bottom