AxeFX Uber Model

Well, there is no "one" Uber tone. The one posted just now would sound like my Uber if I reduced the bass all the way down, mids about 3/4, treble about 3/4 and presence around Noon. my Uber doesn't sound so bright either.

emperor_black said:
Well, there is no "one" Uber tone. The one posted just now would sound like my Uber if I reduced the bass all the way down, mids about 3/4, treble about 3/4 and presence around Noon. my Uber doesn't sound so bright either.

Do you mean my clip?
That are pretty much my settings. Personally I like it more with less mids, more bass and a bit more gain.

OmegaZero said:
Definitely not getting that out of the Axe's Uber model. What an awesome sound... I wonder how that was recorded, guitar, mics, cab, etc.

well i emailed him a while back asking about the tone here it is from the horses mouth:

"Yeah that's an amazing sound isn't it?? I was using a Mesa 4x12 slant cab with that head, plugged straight in!! Mic'ed with a shure sm38! Plain and simple.. that amp rocks!"

when asked about pickups, i asked if he was using emg's or some active pickups....

"Not on that clip.. I was using a Goldtop Hamer with an old Duncan JB!"

a freaking JB :)

Dave

dpeterson said:
OmegaZero said:
Definitely not getting that out of the Axe's Uber model. What an awesome sound... I wonder how that was recorded, guitar, mics, cab, etc.

well i emailed him a while back asking about the tone here it is from the horses mouth:

"Yeah that's an amazing sound isn't it?? I was using a Mesa 4x12 slant cab with that head, plugged straight in!! Mic'ed with a shure sm38! Plain and simple.. that amp rocks!"

when asked about pickups, i asked if he was using emg's or some active pickups....

"Not on that clip.. I was using a Goldtop Hamer with an old Duncan JB!"

a freaking JB :)

Dave
LOL, the lowly JB :D

I always liked the JB. I think it's one of the most overlooked pickups, but it really lets your amp tone shine, imo.

Re: AxeFX Uber Model: LOVING IT!!

ok, made my very first clip of the axe! The first wanking is on the axe. Just the amp model. No effects...except for the enhancer that gives my pair of 2x12's great stereo separation.
Guitar -> Axe (power on, cabs off) -> Mixer -> Crate power block (RCA In's) -> 2x12 cabs

There is a pause in the clip, and the next part is the real deal. Rev blue with =C= EL34's into the same cabs. Guitar -> Amp. no effects, no boost.

Clip was recorded with a Boss Micro BR. The real uber did not record well. The Uber has way too much bass. I had all controls except level around Noon.

FWIW, the axe records superb, even through the crate PB. However, the real Uber sounds much more lively, super-tight and just plain orgasmic in person. It could be the power block, not sure. :lol:

Anyway, enough talk, here it is...

http://www.soundclick.com/util/download ... ID=8893506

dpeterson said:
aside from the mud on the second part, they both had the same character.

I agree, althought I've never heard an "Uber" IRL, I think the axe nailed the basic tone very clearly. Feel, thump and the "take your breath away" power chugging with a real Uber may be something entirely different. Recording wise,I give the nod to the axefx

my 2 cents,
-Stink

Check out the new UberT75V30 IR from Red Wirez.
Earthshattering!

yek said:
Earthshattering!
Hey Alexander, I would personally like to thank you for your awesome wiki page. I read that and hooking up the AXE out of the box was a breeze. I've forwarded the link to my other JCF bro's and they're happy with it. Thank you! :mrgreen:

I'm going AXE->Crate Powerblock -> 2x12 cabs. So, the IR would not be of any use to me. I think. :?

emperor_black said:
yek said:
Earthshattering!
Hey Alexander, I would personally like to thank you for your awesome wiki page. I read that and hooking up the AXE out of the box was a breeze. I've forwarded the link to my other JCF bro's and they're happy with it. Thank you! :mrgreen:

I'm going AXE->Crate Powerblock -> 2x12 cabs. So, the IR would not be of any use to me. I think. :?

Ah, hey man, thanks for this, it's appreciated!

Yeah you're right, since you're using your own "real" cab you have no use for the IR.

dpeterson said:
played a real uberschall today at gc, axe sounds nothing like it. the ax is a flubby mess... the uber has a bite and growl, that i cant get even close. going tweak some more while it's still in my mind, but i think this model needs a re-visit.

this crushes... brutalz as it gets: http://www.bogneramplification.com/customshop/UberPatrick1.mp3

would love that kind of sound out of the axe uber model.

that's the clip i was going to post! :D

i've owned an uber and the axefx, the axefx sounds nothing like the real uber does

the real thing is much better to me

Back
Top Bottom