AxeFx sighting... rigs for Linkin Park

Chris, it's fine. Your inability to understand why I'd post if I'm not a fan just goes to prove my point. And I'll state again that I'm not bent out of shape at all. I'm no more butt hurt than you were when you made your intitial post. You don't like Linkin Park; I don't like your mentality. Difference being: I am attempting to approach it in a constructive way. If I had your mindset I'd have just made a snide comment and called it a day. On that note, my continued posting, also not an indicator of any butt pain; I'll continue replying as long as you do, because that's how discussion works, and maybe, eventually, some logic will get through that thick skull.

"It's a discussion forum, it's supposed to be about discussing things. Taking issue with certain things is potentially part of discussion. You can minimize the opinions of the people that you don't agree with by writing it off as complaining, but basically telling people that they should just shut up if they take issue with something seems rather rude and actually counter-productive."

Seems like pretty good advice to me.

From the Axe-Fx II Firmware 15.00 Public Beta thread

Last edited:
Sean_connery_raction.gif

Isn't that the old guy who beat his wife up?

An ardent Scottish nationalist who loves the place so much he's lived in the US for decades.

Holly-weird.

Linkin Park... isn't that the band that was cool in the early 00's before they changed their logo and switched to only making cereal-adverts-music?

Disclaimer: before the white-knights chime in, I heard the shit out of that early LP stuff as a kid. Numb, In The End, Breaking the Habit, Bleeding Out, One Step Closer, Runaway... awesome songs! I just can't stand all the new stuff they're doing recently. What I've done was kind of acceptable, though.

Last edited:
someone told me that the guitarist is actually a massive gear nerd so this doesnt really surprise me that he would have tried one by now

I can't fucking stand Linkin Park, mainly because bands who spell their names funny are in general irritating.

Just kidding. They actually have some cool songs.

"It's a discussion forum, it's supposed to be about discussing things. Taking issue with certain things is potentially part of discussion. You can minimize the opinions of the people that you don't agree with by writing it off as complaining, but basically telling people that they should just shut up if they take issue with something seems rather rude and actually counter-productive."

Yeah. It does.

Yeah. It does.

/InigoMontoyaMode

"I do not think he was directing that at the person you think he was directing it at".

I suppose I could be wrong.

Perhaps you both just need to have a tall cold one and agree to disagree?

Just sayin...

Though it sounds like you both agree on Linkin Park and just want to argue about it on them thar interwebz! Have we figured out whose ePeen is longer yet? LOL

/InigoMontoyaMode

"I do not think he was directing that at the person you think he was directing it at".

I suppose I could be wrong.

Perhaps you both just need to have a tall cold one and agree to disagree?

Just sayin...

Though it sounds like you both agree on Linkin Park and just want to argue about it on them thar interwebz! Have we figured out whose ePeen is longer yet? LOL

I understood his point. My point is this: my post that he quoted there would not have been made in response to someone hopping onto the board and posting, "Axe FX... man... that thing SUX. Modeling are lame; TOOOOOBZZZ 4 LYF!!!!"

I'm forming...err, um...trying to form a cover band, and 2 Linkin Park songs made it on the brainstorming set list. I didn't know who they were, so I have only heard those 2 songs, plus What I've done. Not really my thing, per se, but I try not to bash professional musicians that are millionaires. Fame is an illusive thing. We all know musicians that can sing or play circles around most of the famous acts out there, yet, our buddies are undiscovered. There is a certain mo-jo, along with talent and determination, that separate the famous, from the merely, just talented people. As has been said before in other threads, you won't find a famous, or professional, working musician, like a top studio musician, joining this forum, and making any negative comments about someone else's musicianship, writing, or performances. Even though this is a forum, intended for discussion, and yes, sometimes debate, you would serve yourself well to keep your foot on the clutch that connects your brain to your fingers or your mouth, before you type the words, or before you speak. A lot of people refer to this concept as maturity, or "being a grown up", perhaps you've seen this phrase in literature, and not really grasped all of the parameters that encompass the concept.

Just something to ponder and reflect on.....

*sigh*

I've tried to avoid this post, internet gods. I really have. I've turned the other cheek. Taken deep breaths. Counted to ten - sometimes in binary. But... ah heck, here we go. This is not aimed at any individual, OK? I just see this argument on here a lot and quite frankly it's getting a bit tiresome, so here's my two penn'orth.

It IS acceptable to criticise art. There is an established critical tradition in the West by which art can be judged objectively. This means that the old "opinions are ten a penny" theory isn't correct - some opinions are backed up by research, logic and learning and therefore SOME of them hold considerably more water than others. You wouldn't take a doctor's opinion on health and a talk-show host's on the same as equally valid, right? (not you, Gwyneth, we all know you're mental)

It's acceptable to not like something, but unless you can provide objective criticism (and here I refer to proper critique of compositional technique, judgement of artistic intent and execution and the like, as part of a cohesive and well-reasoned argument), you cannot argue greater or lesser merit with any validity. Liking things is subjective. Criticism needs to be objective. Everyone OK so far? Not feeling the temptation to flame me to hell and back? Good. One more little paragraph, won't hurt a bit, I promise.

The argument "X is more commercially successful than Y" (or "u're just an internerd and don't have ur own tourbus") is... well, let's say "misguided." Let's take film as an example. Lots of people (me included) love the original Star Wars trilogy. Far less people love Krzysztof Kieslowski's "Three Colours" trilogy. No-one doubts the innovation in certain areas of Star Wars or indeed its commercial success, but when it comes to artistry, there's no contest. This can be objectively proven via artistic criticism. Saying that Star Wars is better because it sold more is just wrong. You can say you and a lot of other people (me included) enjoy them more. But you can't say they are better.

Right, I'm going to watch Spain vs Holland in the World Cup on TV now. I'm leaving before someone points out that only football is actually played with a ball and the feet and what Americans call football would be better named "handegg."

*runs*

People...relax...somebody made a (IMHO funny) Joke, and somebody didn't like it...why so serious?
Linkin Park makes a lot of money. I'm sure they can handle critic (I even think they don't give a fu** about it) so what...

Btw...what turntables are LP using at the moment? Maybe FAS had to modify their Axefx's with Chinch-Connectors?

*sigh*

I've tried to avoid this post, internet gods. I really have. I've turned the other cheek. Taken deep breaths. Counted to ten - sometimes in binary. But... ah heck, here we go. This is not aimed at any individual, OK? I just see this argument on here a lot and quite frankly it's getting a bit tiresome, so here's my two penn'orth.

It IS acceptable to criticise art. There is an established critical tradition in the West by which art can be judged objectively. This means that the old "opinions are ten a penny" theory isn't correct - some opinions are backed up by research, logic and learning and therefore SOME of them hold considerably more water than others. You wouldn't take a doctor's opinion on health and a talk-show host's on the same as equally valid, right? (not you, Gwyneth, we all know you're mental)

It's acceptable to not like something, but unless you can provide objective criticism (and here I refer to proper critique of compositional technique, judgement of artistic intent and execution and the like, as part of a cohesive and well-reasoned argument), you cannot argue greater or lesser merit with any validity. Liking things is subjective. Criticism needs to be objective. Everyone OK so far? Not feeling the temptation to flame me to hell and back? Good. One more little paragraph, won't hurt a bit, I promise.

The argument "X is more commercially successful than Y" (or "u're just an internerd and don't have ur own tourbus") is... well, let's say "misguided." Let's take film as an example. Lots of people (me included) love the original Star Wars trilogy. Far less people love Krzysztof Kieslowski's "Three Colours" trilogy. No-one doubts the innovation in certain areas of Star Wars or indeed its commercial success, but when it comes to artistry, there's no contest. This can be objectively proven via artistic criticism. Saying that Star Wars is better because it sold more is just wrong. You can say you and a lot of other people (me included) enjoy them more. But you can't say they are better.

Right, I'm going to watch Spain vs Holland in the World Cup on TV now. I'm leaving before someone points out that only football is actually played with a ball and the feet and what Americans call football would be better named "handegg."

*runs*

I can say Star Wars is better.

All you Star Wars panzies can just kiss the darkest part of my lilly white!

STAR TREK RULEZ!
Yeah sure... thats why J.J. Abrams "updated" Trek to be more "Star Wars like".

And before you start talking about shitty prequels, take a good hard look at "Enterprise".

This thread needed derailing anyway :)

Back
Top Bottom