AXEFX Professor(s) help needed for MELLOTRON sound

Correct, that is why Simeon came to the conclusion it not possible with THE Axie. So the Axie can not beat Electro-Harmonix on this Sound. Baaad Axie :mrgreen:

Personaly I stopped trying. Nevertheless thanks to ya all helping me out here.
Maybe I should buy some E-H stuff.......Maybe.

What I'm puzzled about is that the pog would have the same problem the Axe has. How does that pog pick those attacks out of a single continuous signal and fade them in without affecting the notes that are ringing. Especially after some aggressive compressing. Is it separating those notes at the input based on frequency? How does it handle the overtones?

Or is it faking it and am I not hearing it well enough?

BTW, it was a continuous D-note in strawberries intro...

Dutch said:
BTW, it was a continuous D-note in strawberries intro...

I see what you mean. He's also clearly lifting from the E and D# before that as if playing them staccato with the rest of the chord.

i noticed there was something funny going on with that EHX demo too...

some things just aren't possible. it's like asking the axe to do a piano sound. there are other devices that do this very well and the axe can't do everything. some of the mellotron sounds may be possible to approximate, but it's such a complex instrument with so many idiosyncrasies and such character, that i think it's next to impossible to really nail it.....imo.

sim

simeon said:
...have a listen to this patch i made- synth strings - quite string-like, i think. with some eq-ing and distortion it may be possible to get close, but it will of course, be monophonic...
Could you provide some tips as to how to get this sound with the synth?

Dutch
I just saw this so sorry for being late to the party.

This video is very old and at the time it was done it was just text and audio.
People complained of just text so this was done quickly afterwords.
For the video I just played the simple form so people could see the movement and try it.
It sounds fine that way.
Below is the correct version of voicing and its HARD to play but a great exercise.
I most likely did several takes and put two together.
I tried to show you how the sustained note is done with the little finger.
Good luck you should be able to get very close with the Axe-Fx
Bill

straw chords - YouTube

Hmm. About the strawberries.
On the EH example vid the guy is playing a sustained C note on the third string 5th fret(*), yet while it's ringing he plays two notes above it on the same string. While still sounding the C. Nice stretch BTW. But that C-note is a fraud.

Adding a compressor at the front does fatten the tone up. But it stays very guitarstringlike. Also, when you're holding the C-note the filter does not close, so you hear the attack on the other notes. Which is probably why it stays guitarstringlike. I highly doubt that the POG can separate those.

*) edit: It's a D-note at the 7th fret.

I have since found out that the video is not the same as the original audio recording. At least on youtube the maker of the video of another effectology vid says he just gets the sound files and description. So he must have shot that video afterwards.

I need Tom Sawyer synth parts for Axe Fx Ultra Please

Hi Simeon,

I found online your synth parts for AXE FX II but I still have the Ultra. Can you help me out by either sending them in the Ultra version or taking a snapshot so i can manually put them in the ultra. thanks

Alex

x2 with Axe Disciple......I am also still using the Ultra...but would appreciate any help in getting the sound preset. Being able to add non-guitar sounds, without a midi guitar, is a real plus for creativity....violin on a jazz tune. Thanks for any help.

Back
Top Bottom