AxeFX Natural Feedback and Sustain/ Tip for PU howl Video

Here are some presets. The one I used today is a variation of what I normally use. It contains a MBC so it's for the ULTRA ONLY. There are 5 presets, the other 3 should work fine on a Standard. I am using the latest firmware. You should get the same results with or without the MBC preset. The MBC presets are much louder so use caution :)

As always OUT1= DAW/FOH OUT2=Poweramp/guitar cab

Mark

http://files.me.com/samhillband/0w475d

That was great Mark! Thanks for tip as well!

I'm not currently near my Axe Fx at the moment, but i wanted to ask you about ducking delay that you used in one of your previous videos, and i believe in this video too. Do these presets that you posted utilize ducking delay?

Thanks again Mark!

D20 said:
That was great Mark! Thanks for tip as well!

I'm not currently near my Axe Fx at the moment, but i wanted to ask you about ducking delay that you used in one of your previous videos, and i believe in this video too. Do these presets that you posted utilize ducking delay?

Thanks again Mark!

I use the stereo delay and one of the options is to set the ducker parameters. If you are using the editor I think it's the 2nd tab over Just play with the settings to get the desired duck :)

Mark

GuitarDojo said:
Great demo and some great facial expressions. ;)

I may have to start incorporating my comedy act into the vids...it gets me out of a lot of trouble at home. Just turn on an accent and my wife's blood pressure goes down...lol.

Mark

Good video, Mark! Again. As always.

Keep it up. Maybe a "Mark Day tip of the week"? I'd look at it, that's for sure.

great vid as always!

if u only have a fractal audio shirt...then it's a perfect picture! ;) :D

speaking of...Cliff,we need a Fractal Audio shirt.

Clawfinger said:
Good video, Mark! Again. As always.

Keep it up. Maybe a "Mark Day tip of the week"? I'd look at it, that's for sure.

Thanks Clawfinger!

Mark

unscarred said:
great vid as always!

I have more videos than shirts, dammit :lol:
Need an AxeFx shirt!

Mark

Yeah. Something simple! Just a dark blue or black T with the "No Compromise" and the Fractal Audio Systems logo in white.

That would do for now!

Anybody have experience with silkscreening?

Ah. Edit: Forgot my manners:

Great video! Man, I wish I could play like that.
Good tips, too. I just bought me some new glue sticks for the gun. :D :D :D
Always love your videos. Keep 'em coming!

Thanks for the great vid Mark. I surely can relate to the BRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM description of the kind of feedback you're describing (also the face you make while explaining it :mrgreen: )

Now the thing with the hot glue I didn't really get. You mean the kind of glue you take a hot pistol kind of device to apply it? Isn't that stuff hard as concrete and really difficult to remove? Or maybe there are types which are more flexible, more like silicon? I'd really like to try that but I'm a bit hesitant to get in danger of pairing my BKPs for ever and ever to the same pickup ring and height setting.

hunter said:
Thanks for the great vid Mark. I surely can relate to the BRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM description of the kind of feedback you're describing (also the face you make while explaining it :mrgreen: )

Now the thing with the hot glue I didn't really get. You mean the kind of glue you take a hot pistol kind of device to apply it? Isn't that stuff hard as concrete and really difficult to remove? Or maybe there are types which are more flexible, more like silicon? I'd really like to try that but I'm a bit hesitant to get in danger of pairing my BKPs for ever and ever to the same pickup ring and height setting.

Yes the kind of glue that goes in the hot glue gun. The glue comes in a stick form. Hobbyists use it. Very easy to come off. I've done it for years and never had a problem. The glue guns are like under $5-$10. You could test it first on an old pickup ring...let set for 30 mins and pull it back off :)

Mark

Silicon however is a pain to get off. It gets in between everything and comes off in tiny pieces. And it's more sticky than gun glue.

Glue gun glue is only semi hard. You can easily bend the sticks they come in. And it pulls off in one piece. Its the stuff lots of electronics get glued on with, like the eproms in a Behringer FCB1010. :lol: You can carefully pull it off, replace the chip and put on new glue.
It's thermoplastic, you can reheat it with a hairdryer and it will become fluid again. You could even reuse it, but it's a pain to stuff all that deformed stuff back into the gun. :D
With single coils, don't let it get onto the solder points where the superthin coilwire is attached. It's just a bit more sticky than those can handle.

samhill said:
unscarred said:
great vid as always!

I have more videos than shirts, dammit :lol:
Need an AxeFx shirt!

Mark

Mark, Just as long as your videos include you wearing a shirt. :lol:

Cool demo of the feedback!
Seeing these demos of yours makes me want to get an SLA-2, it seems to sound as good as the 2/50/2, huh?

Back
Top Bottom