AxeFx II XL Presets into AxeFx II Mk2 - WTF???

No the XL does not have more processing power. And yes you can play II presets on the XL. Regarding addressing that the II cannot play XL presets see post #56.
I know the XL can play II presets, it was just the closest analogy i could think of for this problem. I'm talking about the fact that the II can't play XL presets. And thanks for pointing me to Cliff's post, maybe I'm weird but I would rather upgrade to an XL than worry about a $100 preset conversion program.

I must admit defeat on the processing power statement. Now that I read Chris' article linked below, I can see where there would be an issue since the II might not be able to support a highly complex preset that was made with the XL's additional preset storage and X/Y capabilities.

What is the difference between the Axe-Fx II and the Axe-Fx II XL? | Katsu Kuri Media Blog

Any utility or enhancement of this type would be a continuing project as FAS rolls out a major firmware upgrade. There either resource and/or contracting costs involved to build the software, all which are something substantial to ask a company to do. Upgraded hardware models are developed to fill a need for both the buyer and the seller. To ask a company to build a utility to extend the life of their own older product runs contrary to their business model unless they can charge something to its customers for such a utility, as any third party would. Many of the XL presets I've seen posted don't always utilize the extended capabilities of the XL, the increased number of X/Y states, additional instances of the same blocks, etc., they're just presets posted in XL format that could easily be loaded into a basic AxeFX II. I've seen some members post multiple screenshots of their XL presets for benefit of basic AxeFx II users. A converter or at least an XL preset viewer would be a godsend and as the owner of a basic AxeFx II, I'd gladly lay down some money to have one.

Well, one part of it is the cost of doing the work. But the real cost is the cost of distraction from the product roadmap.

Back
Top Bottom