Axe PC

Cliff, you mentioned in another thread something like 'AxeFx for live, AxePC for recording'.... Does this mean that there won't be real time patch and effect switching via midi available for the PC version, making live use impossible? Or is it just a matter of latency or just non-ideal processing aspects?

bluesdoc said:
Cliff, you mentioned in another thread something like 'AxeFx for live, AxePC for recording'.... Does this mean that there won't be real time patch and effect switching via midi available for the PC version, making live use impossible? Or is it just a matter of latency or just non-ideal processing aspects?

I just meant that from a practicality standpoint. The Axe-Fx is more practical for live use. A PC plus audio interface isn't as practical in a live environment. As far as preset switching I don't know yet.

Axe-PC will probably be released to Beta this week. It's finally got my stamp of approval.

Here's a screenshot:

axepc.jpg

That looks so great. Nice comfortable graphics, especially the colors.

Gonna be great not having to bring the ULTRA home every day.

Speaking of, will AxePC lack anything from the ULTRA? Will it have any features the hardware versions do not have?

Do you have any plans on the design of the breakout box? Sure hope it's smaller than the axefx. If not, no biggie, just hoping =)

WOW! :shock:

That is pretty.

And is that pretty much what the editor is going to look like?

If so, I can't wait to play with that too!

And for those that will ask, no I still haven't bought my Axe-FX, I had the money, but I kind of fell into a business proposal that might make me ass loads of money, so I invested in that instead, but if all goes well, I'll be able to buy lot's of Ultras, an MFC101, the Axe-PC, a Fractomic, or two, and all the guitars I can find room for. If it goes bad, I get my $2000 back, so I'm not worried. In this time of economical, and political turmoil, I felt it was best to make longer term plans.

The breakout box is done. It is roughly 6x6 inches.

The editor will basically look the same.

Everything is skinnable (spelling?). So you can design or download new skins for it.

That's actual size: 1024x768. Looks small on my screen but I run 2560x1600 on a 30" LCD :mrgreen:

The breakout box will not have phantom power capability.

FractalAudio said:
That's actual size: 1024x768. Looks small on my screen but I run 2560x1600 on a 30" LCD :mrgreen:

The breakout box will not have phantom power capability.

Yeah... I run on 1024x768 so it covers everything.... time to upgrade I guess.

;)

Back
Top Bottom