Axe input failure? Help needed desperately...

jonPhillips

Inspired
I have an Axe-Fx Standard which has worked flawlessly for over a year.

I brought it home from a rehearsal last night and plugged it back into my DAW, plugged in a guitar and got ready to record, but got no sound. I checked the front panel LEDs and they are not lighting, under any circumstance. I’ve tried different cables, different guitars and still got no response.

I have cycled power several times, unplugged from the mains and restarted and still nothing. I have reset the system parameters to no effect. I have tried disconnecting all cables except the input cable and still got no LEDs at the front panel. I have upgraded the Firmware from 10.03 to 10.04 and still have no input or output signal.

I use the Axe for gigging on a weekly basis and am desperate to find a solution.

Can anyone suggest anything else I could try, or do you have any ideas as to what the problem could be?

I'm desperate!

Last edited:
I know this sounds too easy, but try a different guitar cable.

**EDIT** I re-read your post and see you've done that already.

You might also check to be sure the input is set properly in I/O configuration.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Input 1 knob has been tried all the way from zero to full : no effect on the LEDs. Right rear input 1 activated the input 2 LEDs, but I can't get a strong enough signal to drive the output sufficiently to hear anything.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Input 1 knob has been tried all the way from zero to full : no effect on the LEDs. Right rear input 1 activated the input 2 LEDs, but I can't get a strong enough signal to drive the output sufficiently to hear anything.

That can't be right (unless you are using the fx loop). It lit the input 2 LEDS but not input 1? Are you sure you didn't plug into input 2?

Yes sorry, in my panic-stricken state, I plugged into input 2. Plugging into rear input 1 does indeed get me sound. So it would seem likely there's a problem with the front input?

Looks like I'll be using the rear input for this weekend's gigs. I'll check the Wiki on this, but is there anything in particular I should be aware of when using this input?

Thanks again for the help fellas.

I red about a guy with the same problem.

The wire going from the front input to the PCB was out of his socket. 5 min fix.

I got a very comprehensive reply, including photographs, in less than 30mins(!) from G66 support.

It proved to be (as also suggested by GiRa, above) a loose connector on the PCB and just needed pushing back into place. I think I'll have to load the Axe into the van even more carefully than usual to avoid a repeat.

I can now stop worrying about the weekend's gigs – many thanks to all of you who posted so quickly to try and help me out, it's nice to know there's that level of support here.

A big thanks to Jochen at G66 too, that's the quickest and most detailed support reply I've ever had for anything.

just out of curiousity do you use a gator case or some kind of product to protect your axe in transport?

Back
Top Bottom