AXE II- Stereo ReTrack

JKMusicDesign

So my old band did some work at Groovemaster Studios in Chicago (Johnny K's studio) and since I had just gotten my Axe FX II, I figured, maybe I'll try some tone matching. When we did the tracking we used some of the best Amps around, great sounding Marshalls, Roccafortes, Matchless, Orange, Mesa,you name it that studio had it. That all being said, I am so impressed with this unit. The large amount of money spent recording could've been saved had the Axe FC II been around 3 years ago. We could have had the same quality recorded in a bedroom.

Let me know what you think of the tones. (The mix is really rough and the vocals are the scratch track version)

http://soundcloud.com/jkmusicdesign/stereo

overhall i really like the sound. guitar sound is nothing special to me but really suits the song and thats what it has to ;)

is the voice heavily autotuned ? this little fluttering in the voice ?

otherwise: cool song :)

Thanks guys, Yea the vocal is heavily auto-tuned with Logic's Pitch Correction. It was scratch so didn't really feel like busting out Melodyne.

So the chorus part (at 55 sec.) Is made up of a lot of different tones. There's actually 4 different guitar parts that make up that progression. Each one has a different tone. The main riff is based off of the Roccaforte Ultra, then the other key tone is based off of a cranked AC30 with Single Coils. I'll have to upload the patches over the weekend, most likely Sunday.

I dig it. I like the guitar tones and the bass sounds great too. Like the vibe of the song too. Kind of reminded me of a mellowed out Chevelle style tune. Cool!

Back
Top Bottom