Axe II - ACDC Highway To Hell Angus' Guitar Tone SC and Preset

groovenut

Power User
Well you cant just have one of the Young brothers tones, it sets the universe out of balance. So here is Angus' tone from the Highway To Hell intro. Original is on the left I am on the right. I used the same equipment as the IYWB(YGI) preset, Gibson Les Paul Duncan JB.

I look forward to your feedback and hope you enjoy the preset!

Did you use the tone matching feature? Or dial it in manually?
Yeah this one uses the tone match block. It's a great time saver. I still spent a decent amount of time tweaking the preset to get the tone as close as possible after the tonematch, but it is a great tool for getting the initial settings.

Killer Patch. Tried it last night and MAN was it fun to play that intro!

...now get on tonematching that solo tone in this song! THAT Would make a killer combination live!

Thanks for the patch.

your presets are great stuff, your recordings too, but one question, as I loaded the highway to hell tonematch preset, it sounds not like the recording example. Do I have to activate something in the TM Block, maybe the match button? I use my AXE II with an atomic amp, the guitar is a LP.

When I load the presets they come up blank. Anyone else having this problem? :/

Did you ever get this resolved?

your presets are great stuff, your recordings too, but one question, as I loaded the highway to hell tonematch preset, it sounds not like the recording example. Do I have to activate something in the TM Block, maybe the match button? I use my AXE II with an atomic amp, the guitar is a LP.

You shouldn't have to, it should be all there ready to go. Others have reported good results in this thread, but I will reload it into my AxeII and see if I can reproduce the issue.

UPDATE:

I just reloaded the Highway To Hell preset into my AxefxII via the latest version of Axe-Edit and it worked and sounded like it should monitoring on headphones via the AxefxII. Nothing shows in the TM block EQ curve graph but this is expected behavior and if I bypass the TM block its apparent that its functioning. Please keep me posted.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom