Axe II - ACDC Highway To Hell Angus' Guitar Tone SC and Preset

Hi Groovenut, now it works. I switch the wah block to a shunt, then it sounds like it have to. Maybe it´s because I didn´t use a MFC, the wah block in your preset is set to a controller. Anyway it works for me - thank you for your presets

I should probably go through and turn all unused blocks into shunts to avoid this in the future. Thanks for bringing it to my attention and helping to make future presets better!

Glad you like them!

Hey Groove,

Have been looking forward to hearing your presets but have also run into the same problems as a few of the others with having no sound when I load the preset. I just tried shunting the Wah block and at least I was able to hear sound but it definitely sounded nothing like it should as I was still hearing rotary effects and phaser, etc... Then when I shunted all those bypassed blocks I got bascially a complete bypassed sound. So I was wondering when you have some time if you could shunt all your blocks except for the Amp TM and Reverb and reupload, I would like to test it out. Thanks!

New Stripped Down Preset

Looks like there may have also been an issue with external controllers so here is a stripped down preset. If you have had issues with the preset not sounding right, try this one.

Thanks for the repost. Still no sound from this patch either unfortunately. Probably still an issue with the TM block. Thanks for trying anyway.

6.02 and Axe-Edit 1.0.307. In fact I noticed that no name comes up on the Axe-Fx itself when I load the patch, it's just blank in the box

Ok I am not sure why this is but here is what works for me on my system with the presets that I have up loaded. I am using FW 6.02 and AE 1.0.307.

Okay here's the method that I came up with. Open an instance of Axe Manage. Click on the Axe Edit Preset folder and drag your preset(s) into the Axe Edit preset window. They should all have a green preset P next to them. Right-click on the preset that you want to load into at the Axefx and click audition. Axe Edit sends the preset information to the AxeFx. Now on my axe edit it doesn't show up in the grid unless I click on recall and refresh from hardware. Then all the information shows up in axe edit, even the tone match curve in the tone match block grid.

Let me know if this works for you.

Appreciate all the help, but still no go. Followed your directions and when I clicked audition, it sent the preset to the Axe, but again no name and no sound. There was no grid in Axe-Edit, so I used your recall refresh from hardware tip and still came up blank. Have had very little luck with any of the Tone Match presets posted here and only 50/50 recalling some of the TM ones I've made myself. Hopefully will get ironed out in 7.0 and latest Axe-Edit revision. Thanks again!

Well that stinks. Hopefully the issue will be remedied soon. For what its worth, I believe the ACDC Tone Clone presets are the only ones that use the TM block in them. The Timmons presets use a custom IR but it is posted on the The Prayer The Answer thread if you need it. Hopefully the other Tone Clone presets will work fine for you.

Thanks man. The Boston Longtime solo patch worked fine but any of the TM ones did not. By the way nice job on the Cynical F patch, did you post a preset for that? I didn't see it. Waiting for the Punchline is a very underrated disc. Reminds me I should work on a There Is No .. patch as it is an awesome opening track from that CD.

This strange because if i load the patch and remove the wah, it kill the sound ! groovenut, it would be awesome if you could provide the same patch without the bypassed effects (to be sure that they are not affecting the tone).

This strange because if i load the patch and remove the wah, it kill the sound ! groovenut, it would be awesome if you could provide the same patch without the bypassed effects (to be sure that they are not affecting the tone).

The preset in post #25 only has the necessary components for the tone. Try it and report back.

Back
Top Bottom