AXE FX ULTRA BENT FACEPLACE and NO PRESETS new out of box!

Yep. Im not to happy. The front left top of the faceplate where you rackmount this thing is seriously bent and scratched. At least thought I could play it. NOPE. I cant find any presets. I cant build a patch from scratch that will pass audio either. The only way I can pass audio is using the bypass. I dont have a midi interface available either( to use the axe edit thing to load presets). I don't see how it would be possible for this to happen in shipping(the bent faceplate issue anyway). The way its packaged, the box would've been destroyed on that side. I recently read where these things were played and looked over before shipping to customers, I dont think this one was. Oh, and they are OUT OF STOCK on the website.

Re: AXE FX ULTRA BENT FACEPLACE and NO PRESETS new out of bo

I can appreciate the dismay you encounter, it must be frustrating to say the least, but it might be wise to give support a chance before throwing emotionally charged writings into the public at large.

I'm sure they will do the utmost to make you happy after all.

S#!t happens everywhere.

Dutch said:
I can appreciate the dismay you encounter, it must be frustrating to say the least, but it might be wise to give support a chance before throwing emotionally charged writings into the public at large.

S#!t happens everywhere.

+1

As irritating as it must be for you, fractal bend over backwards to get issues sorted..the longer your a part the
community the more you will come to see this for yourself!

Inevitably at times things go wrong, its just a part of life

Hope you get sorted soon!! :)

Don't stress out, this isn't some fly by night company or some seller on e-Bay that is probably looking to screw you over. Stuff happens sometimes and Fractal will fix it for you.

I think that the biggest issue is just having to wait a few more days to play with it.

You're going to have this thing for a very long time, a few more days is worth the wait. Just try to be patient if you can.

I mean if you sent an item to someone and it got damaged in shipping I am sure that you would appreciate just a bit of patience to get it replaced.

I am sure they will correct this. I will post how they handle it.

mark_melling said:
Dutch said:

S#!t happens everywhere.

+1

As irritating as it must be for you, fractal bend over backwards to get issues sorted..the longer your a part the
community the more you will come to see this for yourself!

Inevitably at times things go wrong, its just a part of life

Hope you get sorted soon!! :)

email support asap.
This works faster than posting to forum.

I forgot to add, they keep some units behind for support purposes. Being out of stock does not mean they can't help you.

Dutch said:
I forgot to add, they keep some units behind for support purposes. Being out of stock does not mean they can't help you.

I can only hope.

United Package Smashers. Support will contact you first thing tomorrow and arrange a replacement.

The bent faceplate is the #1 shipping damage. Still haven't figured out exactly what they're doing to cause that. Sounds like they really manhandled this one. The missing presets means it got hit so hard it knocked the battery loose.

FractalAudio said:
United Package Smashers. Support will contact you first thing tomorrow and arrange a replacement.

The bent faceplate is the #1 shipping damage. Still haven't figured out exactly what they're doing to cause that. Sounds like they really manhandled this one. The missing presets means it got hit so hard it knocked the battery loose.

Thanks for the reply in the meantime until tomorrow. I am so excited to play the AXE FX. I have literally lost sleep over it. The idea of, well you all know, a compact rig that sounds huge. Hopefully I can have a replacement ASAP. I understand stuff happens. Hopefully I will be playing a mint AXE FX very soon!!

I bought a guitar from Bass Central one time shipped by UPS when I opened the box the metal ring around the bottom of the case was the same shape as the guitar! My friend used to work at a UPS distribution center and told me when they unload the truck they just kind of knock everything over and throw it out the back of the truck. Best way to fight this is don't use UPS.

FractalAudio said:
United Package Smashers.
The bent faceplate is the #1 shipping damage.

mine too arrived with the top right of the faceplate bent back. it had me worried that it wouldnt fit into my rack and didnt want to have to send it back over something so small, but it was still able to mount so its fine by me.

UPS did the same to the Standard I ordered but at least I could plug it in and play it. I promptly decided to upgrade to an Ultra... :D

Fractal was excellent in getting a replacement out. Other than the inconvenience of a few days I wouldn't worry about it at all.

We call them wUPS! in the UK, still no better here either, at least as bad as the national carrier ParcelFarce...

I worked for UPS for four years, the stories I can tell you about that place... :lol:

Pretty much everything you see in that Ace Ventura video happened with the packages. Guys would use a package as a makeshift step-stool if they need to reach higher in the truck. Trust me, at the rate they make you load packages into the back of an 50 foot trailer there is no time to get out of the trailer and grab the plastic step-stool they give you (during the winter holidays you can expect to load 3000 packages a night as a package handler). I knew some guys there that had anger issues and they would take it out on the packages. There was definitely no shortage of childish behavior over there.

Luckily my Axe-Fx Standard arrived unharmed.

Back
Top Bottom