Axe-Fx Standard Firmware 7.17 Released

mitch236 said:
I wonder where the Ultra's firmware is? There must be something really special in store for us!!!!!!
entitlement%20chrisb%20in%20sea.jpg

*sigh*

j/k ;)

i heard a rumor the next firmware Ultra update is going to have a version of TurboTax optimized for guitarists. Cliff found a way to claim Fractal Expenses as a deduction. You have to route your Ultra, and FRFR system expenses through the "Deductionator" block into the "GimmeeMaMoneyBak" block and presto! ;)

ElectricPhase said:
mitch236 said:
I wonder where the Ultra's firmware is? There must be something really special in store for us!!!!!!
entitlement%20chrisb%20in%20sea.jpg

*sigh*

j/k ;)

I love that poster!!! I live near Boca Raton, FL and anyone who's familiar with that town knows that Entitlement is their credo!!!

mitch236 said:
I love that poster!!! I live near Boca Raton, FL and anyone who's familiar with that town knows that Entitlement is their credo!!!

What are the odds? I just thought it was a funny picture. I had to google to find out what you were talking about. :lol:

mitch236 said:

Sounds like The Woodlands just South of where I live.

Boy, what a bunch of snobs. What's sad is most of them don't really make all that much money, but they have so many credit-cards and so much debt that they think they do.

Guitar-Tiz said:
mitch236 said:

Boy, what a bunch of snobs. What's sad is most of them don't really make all that much money, but they have so many credit-cards and so much debt that they think they do.
You want to see some snobs? Come to Illinois lol. People here are unlike anybody I have ever met. They think their shit doesn't stink and that they are better than everyone else and that they know everything. It's unreal.

brettllingle said:
Guitar-Tiz said:
mitch236 said:

You want to see some snobs? Come to Illinois lol. People here are unlike anybody I have ever met. They think their shit doesn't stink and that they are better than everyone else and that they know everything. It's unreal.

My dad is from Flora Illinois. :|

Where the hell is the Ultra version of this? I hope they aren't changing anything before I get to try out this version. Just because a few people don't like the new changes doesn't mean that the majority won't either.

brettllingle said:
Where the hell is the Ultra version of this?
Historical note: until recently, it was common for the Standard version of new firmware revisions to appear before the Ultra.

Word to the wise: A watched pot never boils. :roll:

Wow, skip a couple days and look what happens. :D
Will wait for the Ultra update, but gosh, Cliff must be thinking keeping people happy with FW updates is like herding cats.

Jed said:
We (or at least I) need email notification for the Ultra firmware.

If you go to this thread viewtopic.php?f=11&t=338 and click on "Subscribe Topic" you will get email everytime it's updated. Unfortunately, GuitarDojo seems to have fallen down on the job, because he missed posting this newest Standard release. Maybe he only posts Ultra releases. Snobbery! :twisted:

Just played with FW 7.17 for an hour, I really like the new DEPTH and PRESENCE parameters - it's subtle, but my presets sound more... well, alive, it's hard to describe. I'd like to find better words to explain, but it sounds better with those improvements IMO.
Can't say much about the AIR, I need more time to experiment, but it sounds quite promising.

Thanks a lot Cliff !

quonsar said:
Jed said:
We (or at least I) need email notification for the Ultra firmware.

If you go to this thread http://fractalaudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=338 and click on "Subscribe Topic" you will get email everytime it's updated. Unfortunately, GuitarDojo seems to have fallen down on the job, because he missed posting this newest Standard release. Maybe he only posts Ultra releases. Snobbery! :twisted:

Last email notification I got from this thread was sent to me on October 26th, 2008. Since then many ultra updates were published.

Back
Top Bottom