'Axe-fx name timeout!' on MFC

PedSectioned

Inspired
Just upgraded the MFC to the newest version, firmware 1.02. I'm not sure what I was running previously as it's hardly been used in between when I sold my standard to get the Axe-2. It says it completed the update then when I turned it on it said 'BANK 000' and wouldn't let me do anything else. I googled this issue and as a result advice was to do a factory reset after it had updated. Now the MFC loads up and changes my patches with quite a long delay but it doesnt display the patch names and says 'AXE-FX NAME TIMEOUT'.

Any ideas how I can fix this? Thanks

Sure, Cliff. For others reading - just hit the edit button and change the mode to Axe-2/Ultra/Standard (whichever applies) to fix the problem and you should be good to go!

The same prompt will show on the display of the MFC-101, if you connect to an AxeFX II via the Expansion port, and the page MIDI/USE PORT is set to "MIDI" instead of "Expansion"...

Just press "Edit", "MIDI", then "Page" until you get to "USE PORT" and set it whichever port you are using to connect to the AxeFX II.

The same prompt will show on the display of the MFC-101, if you connect to an AxeFX II via the Expansion port, and the page MIDI/USE PORT is set to "MIDI" instead of "Expansion"...

Just press "Edit", "MIDI", then "Page" until you get to "USE PORT" and set it whichever port you are using to connect to the AxeFX II.
I have everything set correctly (CAT5, Expansion), but there no communication from the MFC-101 to the Axe-FX II. However, I can press the "tuner" button on the MFC and it will say "waiting for tuner". Then when I press the tuner button on the Axe-FX, the tuner shows up on the MFC, so I guess there is communication back to the MFC. Pressing anything on the MFC does nothing to the Axe-FX.

I have everything set correctly (CAT5, Expansion), but there no communication from the MFC-101 to the Axe-FX II. However, I can press the "tuner" button on the MFC and it will say "waiting for tuner". Then when I press the tuner button on the Axe-FX, the tuner shows up on the MFC, so I guess there is communication back to the MFC. Pressing anything on the MFC does nothing to the Axe-FX.
Do you have the MFC in Axe-Fx mode ??

Do you mean "Axe-FX Mode II"? Yes. I have been over all the settings, tweaks, etc. for three days. MIDI set to "Expansion"? Yes. I have re-installed firmware versions, and changed practically every setting in the thing. It should actually be quite simple, since I followed the instructions to the letter almost one hundred times. I guess I have to call Fractal and get an RA... It's sad. I waited months to get the new Axe-FX II and now I can't tell if it is messed up or the MFC. It all works fine with two MIDI cables and the wallwart plugged in. I don't want to run it that way, though.

Resolved the issue on my unit

press edit,,,,midi.....set your port to expansion and your mfc should communicate with the axe fx

what a pain in the arss

Back
Top Bottom