Axe-Fx III wait list: Let us know when you get notified...

Hi ALL,

Sadly I placed my order 20180401. But I won't purchase if they send invitation to me today.

As an EE engineer, maybe I am one of the people who REALLY understand how COMPLEX a system would be, and how difficult testing/debugging a system in order to make it stable for shipment.

Obviously, FAS may meet some problems when they tried to ship FX-III. Maybe they are QA checklist problem, maybe hardware issue, maybe both. That's why they would not ship outside NA, and why they limit shipment speed. When the percentage of returning due to hardware problem is controlled, they will speed up.

To myself, I will purchase FX-III after international shipment, which implies that they are confident to their product hardware quality and minor bugs can be fixed by firmware.

The only problems are supply problems. We had a limited number shipped by air for the first shipment and sold out of those in less than a month. Another shipment just arrived by air. Meanwhile a large shipment is en route via ocean. We simply don't have any to send to international dealers at this point.

So when we receive our invite, how many days do we have to make the purchase before we lose our invite spot? Logistically this must be tricky as not everyone has actually committed to buy a unit and you don't know how quickly they will respond to an invite. Email spam filters etc could also cause someone not to place an order right after receiving their invite.

Do we have an ETA for the ocean shipment arrival? I expect this ocean shipment would finally finish off the first day orders and then some. Amazing that Fractal did air shipment for the first two shipments. That is a big hit on their profit and maybe explains the "skip the wait-list" price.

I asked sales yesterday how long would it be if I put in a order for a Axe3 before I get it, and they said probably as late as August. I returned the FX8 today because even when using 4 guitar cables it still didn't sound great through my Kemper, I am planning to sell the Kemper and get a Axe3 for the convience of having it all in one. I am thinking about paying the extra $1,000 to get the axefx3 now, I don't think I can wait till August or later to get this squared away, that's a very long time, and could turn out to be longer. So all the people on the waitlist, i wouldn't hold your breath, i doubt many of you will be getting anything before August. or later.

So when we receive our invite, how many days do we have to make the purchase before we lose our invite spot? Logistically this must be tricky as not everyone has actually committed to buy a unit and you don't know how quickly they will respond to an invite. Email spam filters etc could also cause someone not to place an order right after receiving their invite.

Do we have an ETA for the ocean shipment arrival? I expect this ocean shipment would finally finish off the first day orders and then some. Amazing that Fractal did air shipment for the first two shipments. That is a big hit on their profit and maybe explains the "skip the wait-list" price.

If @BattleRabbits asked yesterday if he signed up, and they told him by August it seems everything should accelerate a great deal I would think?

I just happened to be on the forum when the wait list started that day. I think I got on around 6 pm CST 1/29. I’ve already started placing my order for a new custom cabinet/rack. I will definitely be ordering my axe III the minute i get my invite!!! Im Patiently waiting. Luckily I have a lot of other gear to keep me occupied while i wait

I'll get the 2, as I suppose my invite won't come until August. I'm coming from a Line 6 Vetta II so even the XL+ will seem like a huge upgrade! HUGE UPGRADE!!! Come on tax return!

The only problems are supply problems. We had a limited number shipped by air for the first shipment and sold out of those in less than a month. Another shipment just arrived by air. Meanwhile a large shipment is en route via ocean. We simply don't have any to send to international dealers at this point.
So when the ship arrives, will there be enough units to cover the orders at least up to where your email announcement was sent to th NA forum members? I believe that was 2/6.

Not only that but the MIDI floor controllers haven't even been released yet either. So, then I'd have to wait for that as well. Maybe after the wait list in that I'd get one say about oooh Christmas? Which means I wouldn't be able to gig until then. Yeah, no thanks. The XL+ will be amazing for me for a loooong time! \m/

Not only that but the MIDI floor controllers haven't even been released yet either. So, then I'd have to wait for that as well. Maybe after the wait list in that I'd get one say about oooh Christmas? Which means I wouldn't be able to gig until then. Yeah, no thanks. The XL+ will be amazing for me for a loooong time! \m/
They aren't midi... ;)

Confirmation email: 1/29 1:59 eastern
Invitation email: 4/30 2:35 eastern
Purchased: as soon as I calmed down enough to remember my password and type :)

I really didn't feel it necessary but I purchased the extended warranty also :)

I want to apologize in advance to those that will miss my bitching, mindless pacing & rants all over the forum :) (give me a little time :))

Back
Top Bottom