Axe-Fx III Manual Update

I see that the tone match section points to the Axe-Fx II mini guide. Will there be an updated mini guide specific for the III at some point?

I see that the tone match section points to the Axe-Fx II mini guide. Will there be an updated mini guide specific for the III at some point?
yes
Thanks all, for the very kind compliments.

In fact I just now uploaded a major new version of the manual to the Fractal Audio web site. It now includes the detail on every effect block and parameter, plus additional FAQ throughout. At this point, one could even call it complete!

There are two companion documents that will be released: 1) a new version of the Tone Match Mini Manual, and 2) A guide for Using the Axe-Fx III with an FC Series Controller.

Are not the FC features to be programmed "within" the AXE-FX III and therefore would be in this manual? Mostly anyway.
(wild speculations without knowledge)

Presented here without speculation:

There are two companion documents that will be released: 1) a new version of the Tone Match Mini Manual, and 2) A guide for Using the Axe-Fx III with an FC Series Controller.

I noticed while reading the new updated manual tonight that the Table of Contents page numbers are all wrong from Section 9 Modifiers to the end of the manual.

I noticed while reading the new updated manual tonight that the Table of Contents page numbers are all wrong from Section 9 Modifiers to the end of the manual.

Yes, this will be corrected in the next update.

Are not the FC features to be programmed "within" the AXE-FX III and therefore would be in this manual? Mostly anyway.
(wild speculations without knowledge)

Yes but they are only relevant to those who own an FC, thus it will be handled as an addendum. As you've seen here, lots of people print this thing despite it changing constantly. Every page not "wasted" in this capacity is a good page.

As you've seen here, lots of people print this thing despite it changing constantly.

It baffles me why this is still a standard practice. What is the value of paper over PDF on phone/laptop/tablet?? Can't search, paper cuts, easy to jumble the order of pages, and most importantly, v1 is certainly subject to change over the next few years. Seems like a waste of time and resources to me.

It baffles me why this is still a standard practice. What is the value of paper over PDF on phone/laptop/tablet?? Can't search, paper cuts, easy to jumble the order of pages, and most importantly, v1 is certainly subject to change over the next few years. Seems like a waste of time and resources to me.
No way around it—reading paper is just a more pleasant experience than reading a screen, particularly if you’re reading big chunks of text at a time. Digital files are great for searching and reference. Not so great for reading a book.

No way around it—reading paper is just a more pleasant experience than reading a screen, particularly if you’re reading big chunks of text at a time.

Going to have to agree to disagree on that. Kindle ink screens are very comfortable to read on and certainly a way around printing to paper. It's preference of course, but if you haven't read anything on a Kindle and are basing your judgement off of LCD/LED screens, you're missing out on a piece of tech that combines the eye comfort/minimal strain of paper with the benefits of digital format.

No way around it—reading paper is just a more pleasant experience than reading a screen, particularly if you’re reading big chunks of text at a time. Digital files are great for searching and reference. Not so great for reading a book.

Just like the real amps...which are.... better than digital modellers ? :) No offense, just kidding. I quess its just a matter of what you got used to...i still like also paper in hand but there are many people out there who like Kindle etc more...

And truth, its better for the environment.

I made one decision though, i will never ever write charts with pen and paper anymore. That's really waste of time and paper most cases. You want to transpose, you start over. Time passes, papers get old, messed up, you can't read, you start over...my studio is full of hundreds of pages of songs i needed to chart for gigs. What a waste...

I read a lot, and unless a given work is unavailable electronically I almost never read paper books anymore. Kindle is easier on the eyes and the brain for me. Speaking of which, would an ePub version of the manual be desirable?
I used to not like reading on anything electronically. I'm an IT person, so that was hard, but "reading for pleasure" was real books until I got an early generation (the "electronic paper" kind) Kindle.

That was it for me... Paper books were out:)

Over time, I ended up with an iPad, and now I use the Kindle app... I've adjusted.

When you say "ePub", I assume you mean specifically that format? PDF works just fine with Kindle.

Speaking of which, would an ePub version of the manual be desirable?

When you say "ePub", I assume you mean specifically that format? PDF works just fine with Kindle.

I agree, while I’ve had no problem reading the AxeFx manual in iBooks as a PDF for years. Page turning animations and native chapters/table of contents markers are even more classy... I say bring on the .epub! :)

Back
Top Bottom