Axe-Fx III Latest 11.02 BETA Firmware FC Controller Bug

I never use a phaser and univibe at the same time so I don't need a dedicated univibe block.

I have a real univibe I bought in 1968. I also have a Fulltone Deja Vibe 3 v2 and a Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe. I've compared all of them side by side with the univibe in the Axe FXIII and I'm totally happy with the univibe in the Axe FXIII. I was able to dial it in to sound just like my original univibe.

You’re right, I would never use a phase and vibe at the same time.

Maybe it’s just be me. The last vibe pedal I had was the MojoVibe, and in comparison I found the AxeFX version a bit too clean and precise. The photo cell units have a bit of randomness in the depth and rate of the throb that I found missing in the Axe version. There was also a “creaminess”, or a slight bit of high-end roll off, and added gain that the photo cell adds to the tone. I have observed the same with other vibe units.

I suppose some of that could be compensated for in other ways. But I think there is room for minor tweaks to take it over the top.

I never use a phaser and univibe at the same time so I don't need a dedicated univibe block.

I have a real univibe I bought in 1968. I also have a Fulltone Deja Vibe 3 v2 and a Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe. I've compared all of them side by side with the univibe in the Axe FXIII and I'm totally happy with the univibe in the Axe FXIII. I was able to dial it in to sound just like my original univibe.
The Axe-Fx model is based on the Fulltone.

Maybe it’s just be me. The last vibe pedal I had was the MojoVibe, and in comparison I found the AxeFX version a bit too clean and precise. The photo cell units have a bit of randomness in the depth and rate of the throb that I found missing in the Axe version.
You might be able to throw a little 'randomness' into the depth and rate of the thing via a little LFO controller tweak to wobble its speed and/or depth....

I ran a phase 90 in the loop of a Swirlpool Trem once and it did a pretty good Uni.

Kind of created the randomness that makes it real nice and gooey!

Thanks.... I actually checked the chorus block first thinking there would be a vibrato choice.

I agree that it would be nice to have a pre-configured “Vibrato” type in the Chorus block. It takes more than “Mix at 100%“ to create a great Vibrato effect, and it’s such an awesome effect (Boss VB-2).

Back
Top Bottom