1. Recent events require us to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. July 27 2018 - support.fractalaudio.com is temporarily down for updates. Please use this forum for support or see the "News" section here for additional details. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice

Axe-Fx III for Bass: First Impressions and Review

Discussion in 'Axe-Fx III Reviews' started by Boylston, Aug 10, 2018.

1. #1 Boylston, Aug 10, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    Boylston

Boylston
    Expand Collapse
    Apprentice

I've posted a video review with my thoughts on this hardware from the perspective of a bass player. You can find it here:

I give my thoughts on the overall platform, its use as an audio interface, and discuss the various bass amps and cabinets that ship with the unit. Overall, I'm pleased with the Axe Fx III, but it would be nice to see more amps and effects options added for bass players.

Video is heavy on me talking and going through a presentation-style review-- if you want more examples of preset building and how I approach the process, you can see them on my channel.

yek and DLM like this.
  2. dr bonkers

dr bonkers
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

Thanks for the kind words on my cab Ir files. You missed the SWR Workingman 12 ir file I was allowed to include in the Axe FX III though.

I would love to know your thoughts.

If you would like to try out any of my cab packs for bass for review, please PM me.

Would you mind if I linked to your video to my Facebook page and on my site?

3. Boylston

Boylston
    Expand Collapse
    Apprentice

Wow, Dr. Bonkers! Apologies for missing the SWR Workingman 12 IR. I'll look for it today and try it out.

Feel free to link your video to Facebook and your site. I know the production value isn't high (I'm a musician, not a video producer), but I hope some of the points resonate with folks.

dr bonkers likes this.
  4. dr bonkers

dr bonkers
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

As a tip in Fractal bass land, for a lot of the more solid state bass tones, you can use the Jazz 120 model. Since it's a solid state Roland JC-120 model and swap out tone stacks to get some usable bass tones too that will be similar to some solid state bass amps.

Your videos are certainly much better than mine. Really good job with these.

reclavea likes this.