Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 9.00

Even though there is no instruction to reset the amp block with the new FW, will all presets sound as intended after updating?
Since I got my Axe III over a year ago I never reset the amp block over the course of many FW updates including presets ported from the Axe II.

Even though there is no instruction to reset the amp block with the new FW, will all presets sound as intended after updating?
Since I got my Axe III over a year ago I never reset the amp block over the course of many FW updates including presets ported from the Axe II.
I would build a preset from scratch or reset the block in a current preset and see if it has a noticable difference. I bet you will hear the change if you haven't ever done this.

Fixed Amp block "Hi-Cut" calculation for amps without negative feedback. This affects the following models: All AC-20 models All Class-A 15W and 30W models Citrus Terrier Boutique 1 and 2 FAS Class A Hot Kitty Matchbox D-30 Mr. Z MZ-8 and MZ-38 Ruby Rocket and Ruby Rocket Bright Supremo Trem Wrecker Rocket

@FractalAudio just curious, how come the Komet models don't feature a Hi-Cut control like the real amps?

I’m running two expression pedals my FC12 and one of them needed recalibration after the update, but the other one was fine.

@FractalAudio just curious, how come the Komet models don't feature a Hi-Cut control like the real amps?
If you get a presence knob or an high cut depends on the way the amplifier works.
Class A, neg feedback at 0, high cut knob
Class A/B, neg feeback >0, presence knob.
You can turn neg FB away from 0 when using a class A amp and go A/B and get a presence knob instead of high cut, and vice-versa.
And that's magical, real amps can't do that.
Now let Cliff prove me all wrong :), because it's way more complicated, right?

If you get a presence knob or an high cut depends on the way the amplifier works.
Class A, neg feedback at 0, high cut knob
Class A/B, neg feeback >0, presence knob.
You can turn neg FB away from 0 when using a class A amp and go A/B and get a presence knob instead of high cut, and vice-versa.
And that's magical, real amps can't do that.
Now let Cliff prove me all wrong :), because it's way more complicated, right?

The Komet 60 and Concorde, the real ones, have both presence and high-cut controls.

Back
Top Bottom