Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 8.00 Public Beta

I literally just sat down, to copy-paste Scenes, as I set up for a rehearsal for new songs and new AB patches. I was looking for the procedure, and here is a beta update allowing me to swap Scenes. Unbelievable.
I was so excited, I downloaded the new software, unpacked 8.0, launched Fractal-Bot, and then downloaded 7.02 again, lol.

Swap works great!
But...
Is it my ability to follow instructions, or is copy scenes not working? Can I only copy to an empty scene?
Again, Swap worked like a charm for me.

Thanks Cliff @FractalAudio for the 'Swap Scenes' function! As well as the embarrassing wealth of other stuff.

The new 8.00 beta firmware addressed most of this.

Scene 'swapping' is now possible.... The scene names are now included.. but the 'Swapping' action does not include any Scene Controller settings. The Control Switch settings are included though.

Copying and pasting does however now include both of these (scene based) controller settings. So we're almost there.

Not sure if it's just me, but when I installed this, the bottom end became a weak mushy mess. In all the updates I've installed, I can't remember one that I've thought "i need to go back and try the old firmware", but today I went back to 7.02 and it was great, so installed 8.0 again and the low end is just terrible.....anybody else get this?

Edit: This is a patch with the C++ and Atomica in stereo by the way.

Did I misunderstand is the implied "issue" that FX III's effects are somehow "only" average or lesser than product XYZ's?

I have to disagree with that but that’s just IMHO so take it with some NaCl. Hey, what do I know: I’m old and my ears probably suck.

But please note, I got an FX III to repalce my rack mount tube amps and gear and a floor full of effects -and I have not looked back.
Not sure if it's just me, but when I installed this, the bottom end became a weak mushy mess. In all the updates I've installed, I can't remember one that I've thought "i need to go back and try the old firmware", but today I went back to 7.02 and it was great, so installed 8.0 again and the low end is just terrible.....anybody else get this?

My main patch is a c++ clone of my mark V and it still sounds good. Honestly I can't say if its better as I don't know what's changed. But definitely not mushy or weak on my end.

I went back to 7.02 and it was great, so installed 8.0 again and the low end is just terrible.....anybody else get this?

Posting the preset and a comparison recording (7.02b vs 8.0b) can help verify and/or debug it. Seemingly I was the only one who had an issue with the TM block in 7.02b but Cliff & Co figured it out - probably because I could clearly demonstrate the issue with a recording (even if only on my unit).

The Atomica High + Plexi 50W preset I posted here sounds glorious in 8.0b1.

Post your preset, please. Seems localized to your preset.

Thankfully I'll try this one tonight when I get home. I had rehearsal last night and went to start up my III and poof! Nothing. The screen had a bit of a white flashing quickly and the red lights were flashing as well. I tried a different wall plug, etc and no go. Thankfully had a head and 4x12 to fall back on at the rehearsal place. LOL.

Now....got home after and tried it and all was working fine. I'm wondering if it was an issue with 7.02 Beta that I installed the night before.

Will keep an eye on things. I have a big outdoor gig this weekend so hopefully no issues!

Thank you!

The only pending feature to reach the pinnacle is the "Export as Bundle" option (save preset + user cabs).

That is the most missing feature that was available in previous versions of the product

Yup, there's a mistake in the power amp modeling. It's been fixed for the final release.

Sorry guys, I got busy and just came back to look at the thread.....was going to post a preset, but looks like Cliff found something. If it persists after the final I’ll post one. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom