Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.00 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shows how important a community of 'beta testers' is to find issues, possibly subtle or difficult to reproduce ones that only a few notice or can find due to their setups.

Note, though, how the few that found the issue (now confirmed) were somewhat ostracized by those who couldn't hear it or replicate it. We are all in this (grand Axe experiment) together!
I was mistaken. There is nothing wrong with the models. I had the controls set differently.

For a Fender the controls go 1-10. On the model they go 0 - 10. To replicate the amp's controls multiply by 1.1 and subtract 1.1. I had the amp set to 6, 6, 6 and set the model to 6, 6, 6 and there was too much bass and gain. But the correct value is 5.5, 5.5, 5.5.

Unless I’m mistaken it seems like the Legacy models sound better in this firmware. They’re still different than my Legacy but the bottom end has gotten a lot better (and closer to realistic), the model used to be much too boomy imho.

Just loaded the beta. Played the Fender DR and Twin; both sound excellent. Also the Vox (non top boost) and Plexi 50 w/6550s. Great work.

I don't know if it was modified or has a CF off the top of my head, but I got hung up on that sucker for
quite awhile! That and the Friedmans and Marshall's.

Just spent about 3 hrs. going though a bunch of the amp presets in the Austin Buddy amp pack and all I can say is wow! I’m just blown away. The Marshall’s, Friedman’s, 5153 and the Bogner’s just sound amazing.

You know what's funny... I"ve had that pack for awhile and have yet to load them up... Dohhhhhh...
Been wayyyy out of touch the pre-retirement and post-retirement 2.2 months... Gonna have to fix that, especially
when I get an FC-12 invite!

You know what's funny... I"ve had that pack for awhile and have yet to load them up... Dohhhhhh...
Been wayyyy out of touch the pre-retirement and post-retirement 2.2 months... Gonna have to fix that, especially
when I get an FC-12 invite!
I bought them months ago myself and never got around to loading them! :D
They sound great. I bought the pack for my AX8 awhile back and have played with those so I knew these would sounds great as well.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

That's been revised, see below

I was mistaken. There is nothing wrong with the models. I had the controls set differently.

For a Fender the controls go 1-10. On the model they go 0 - 10. To replicate the amp's controls multiply by 1.1 and subtract 1.1. I had the amp set to 6, 6, 6 and set the model to 6, 6, 6 and there was too much bass and gain. But the correct value is 5.5, 5.5, 5.5.

Thank you Mr Cliff Chase, I have been struggling with the clarity of the mids and upwards distracting from the Chug, Not bad , Just different. I use the Recto model a LOT, I will be installing 5 Beta in the am and hopefully, if this forum is to be trusted and it usually is, We will be live on 5, in Grand Rapids Michigan tomorrow.

Thanks Fractal Team

P.S. Firmware update, No soundcheck, Live in front of 20K ish fans....Gulp!

Last edited:
I like the
There's a very particular character that my old Recto has when you boost it and play percussive low power chords and djenty single notes (a sound I refer to as squanch) that is very prevalent in the Recto and 5153 in this FW. I chucked it onto an old demo in the clip below.

I also shot out the JTM45 model against the real thing.

This is so much fun!

I've been vibing on that riff for a while now and we just finished tracking drums for a song with a tweaked version of that to work better with vocals - I'll have to get around to recording an instrumental version of this riff though.

first JTM better, seems to have a bit more attack. But you weren't really digging in, were you?

I understand he found no error. I didn't see it until after catching up in this thread.
But let me get this straight, what you are saying is, if one person has an issue, and a couple people discover it as well, it would be better to start a new thread instead of posting in the beta thread? Is this because you feel some issues that are minimal to you, are not credible concerns or you don't want to have to read through the process of proving or disproving a possible bug? Either way it undermines the whole process of testing a beta release and discovering issues, valid or not. Now I'm feeling a little ostracized!:mad::rolleyes:

Don't feel that way, but please start another thread since this is kind of taking up all the air in this room. We are still here to help, but if others have verified that your preset works just fine with their setup, then we have to identify what you are experiencing...outside of this thread.

Why don't you start another thread. You're the only one having problems and I've gone through all the amps and they sound great.

I understand he found no error. I didn't see it until after catching up in this thread.
But let me get this straight, what you are saying is, if one person has an issue, and a couple people discover it as well, it would be better to start a new thread instead of posting in the beta thread? Is this because you feel some issues that are minimal to you, are not credible concerns or you don't want to have to read through the process of proving or disproving a possible bug? Either way it undermines the whole process of testing a beta release and discovering issues, valid or not. Now I'm feeling a little ostracized!:mad::rolleyes:
To be clear, Cliff was the first one to ask you to open a new thread.

The point, in my mind, is to have a thread that focuses on YOUR issue.

Your handful of posts (and those by @trancegodz) could easily get lost or overlooked in the (currently) 300+ posts... And then you might feel ignored.

A separate thread will be a benefit to you.

Taking a break at the studio and all the amps sound glorious through the $30K Dynaudio's here.
Axe 3 certainly sounds great through my Neuman KH310s, can only imagine how real it sounds through a 2x12 woofer 3 way monitor...if it’s the Dynaudio model I think it is..:)

Last edited:

time for “authentic control numbering”? some of them go to 11, some have no numbers at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom