Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.00 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the Atomica’s CF Comp default of 0.3% the correct amount? Doesn’t seem like that would be right.. either it isn’t a CF Amp in which case it should be 0% or should be something quite a bit higher I would think?

Just went over to 5.00 B1 from 4.03 and did a few quick tests [ recording takes ] before and after.

In the Axe 3 - like in my Helix - I only use 4 presets and 2 cabs for everything so I am far from a "power user" ... :) in the A3 I use the 1 x Tweed Deluxe, 2 x Dirty Shirley 1 and 1 x 1959 Plexi SLP.

Both recorded and playing LOUD in my home studio I would say the low strings [ E A D ] in particular are cleaner and rounder with less "crackle" [ for want of a better word ] around them ... not very technical I know, but its how I hear it :)

To my ears, 5 feels and sounds better than 4.03 ... not night-and-day, but to me, it *is* there - to me, its most obvious when playing the unit live/loud, as opposed to hearing a recorded track played back - even though it is noticeable there too.

Thanks,
Ben

Just installed 5.00 beta. There is something seriously wrong with the clean Fenders. The 59 Bassman, 65 Bassman, Super Reverb, Vibroverb, etc. With the bass on 0 and treble on 10 it is still a total low end mess. All bass. Please check into this. Something is wrong with the Fenders.

Last edited:
Just installed 5.00 beta. There is something seriously wrong with the clean Fenders. The 59 Bassman, 65 Bassman, Super Reverb, Vibroverb, etc. With the bass on 0 and treble on 10 it is still a total low end mess. All bass. I had all of these sounding pretty good with 4.03. Please check into this. Something is wrong with the Fenders.
thanks for the heads up. maybe i'll wait a day or two! anyone else got this problem?

Just installed 5.00 beta. There is something seriously wrong with the clean Fenders. The 59 Bassman, 65 Bassman, Super Reverb, Vibroverb, etc. With the bass on 0 and treble on 10 it is still a total low end mess. All bass. I had all of these sounding pretty good with 4.03. Please check into this. Something is wrong with the Fenders.

FWIW ... I went from 4.03 to 5.00B1 and my Tweed Deluxe preset is fine / even a bit nicer than it was in 4.03 ......

Just loaded up 5.00 beta 1.

Holy shitballs.

Everything's got a bell-like immediacy to it. Low-string notes and palm-mutes jump at you, and they ring out in a very musical way. High-string palm mutes — the toughest kind — have an almost xylophone-like thing going on. All of this at low volume, mind you. Can't wait to crank it up tomorrow.

Just installed 5.00 beta. There is something seriously wrong with the clean Fenders. The 59 Bassman, 65 Bassman, Super Reverb, Vibroverb, etc. With the bass on 0 and treble on 10 it is still a total low end mess. All bass.
Absolutely not having that problem here. The Fenders are very well balanced. Have a look at what else may have changed in your rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom