Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.00 Beta #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember how useful the removed CF controls were but at least the new grid hardness control is fantastic. There seem to be no wrong values for it. Low values remind me of worn out older tubes and high values sound like fresh tubes, but no matter where I set it, it never makes the sound weak or artificial.
They were useful during development but probably of little value for the user. The actual values are dependent on the tone stack controls so they are now calculated on-the-fly rather than being static values. I personally like the Grid Clipping set low because it has the NOS tube vibe. High values remind me of JJ's and Chinese tubes which I'm not a particularly big fan.

They were useful during development but probably of little value for the user. The actual values are dependent on the tone stack controls so they are now calculated on-the-fly rather than being static values. I personally like the Grid Clipping set low because it has the NOS tube vibe. High values remind me of JJ's and Chinese tubes which I'm not a particularly big fan.

So this raises a (quite possibly stupid) question: would there be a way to "preload" the parameters of a select example of particular tube brands/styles into the preamp and power tube sections via a selector control that then loaded different data tables for the algorithm?

I noticed a possible bug when selecting what flavour of amp boost to use....I was going for the Super OD but aT808 kept showing up so I selected other models and it seems they are all mixed up... I finally selected one model that wasn't the Super OD either but it loaded the Super OD.

I noticed a possible bug when selecting what flavour of amp boost to use....I was going for the Super OD but aT808 kept showing up so I selected other models and it seems they are all mixed up... I finally selected one model that wasn't the Super OD either but it loaded the Super OD.
Did you do Settings > Refresh after FW in Axe-Edit???

So this raises a (quite possibly stupid) question: would there be a way to "preload" the parameters of a select example of particular tube brands/styles into the preamp and power tube sections via a selector control that then loaded different data tables for the algorithm?
I’d rather turn it to where it sounds good. Putting labels on things make people think things sound a certain way rather than actually listening. And it’s more work to create and maintain.

Why that complicated? That parameter is easy to use. No wrong values in the range from 0 to 100. You want it smoother? Turn down. You want it harder? Turn up. So easy.

I’d rather turn it to where it sounds good. Putting labels on things make people think things sound a certain way rather than actually listening. And it’s more work to create and maintain.

Set your OS language to one you don’t know, (Chinese maybe), while you’re working. If Axe Edit is localized you will get exactly what you want. ;)

I'm just about ready for a release version but waiting for feedback on the improved scene switching.
I try now.

can i assume no significant change if i only have amp and cab blocks in the preset, and just changing Channels via Scenes? i'm guessing the "wet" reference is delay, reverb, and any other "effect"? @FractalAudio

"Improved Scene/Channel change logic. Only the wet data is muted when changing scenes and channels now leaving the dry data intact which results in smoother transitions."

i'm personally not hearing any difference in my main preset which has several effects and many channel changes, though i was satisfied with how the previous logic worked, so i didn't really obsess over it. i'm still getting a small and usable gap between Scenes that change Amp channels, so it sounds the same as before to me?

Screen Shot 2019-03-22 at 1.27.12 PM.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom