Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.00 Beta #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I routinely see people whose hearing can vary 5-10 dB depending on the day, weather, allergies, colds/congestion etc. If your ears are down 5dB at 1000 and 2000 Hertz you can certainly notice a change in your tone, just as if you cut or boosted those freq. with an EQ.

Are you an otolaryngologist or an audiologist by any chance?
We could use one of those around here...

It seems like this firmware is more balanced overall in terms of tone, and more natural in the way it feels. Amp models I always loved are still great, and many high gain amps I could not gel with work for me now. This is the kind of firmware where I am almost afraid to turn off the unit for fear it not sounding as good next time!

There goes my aging algo hehe:)

While I am sure this is a good idea which I would like to try, it’s not practical for some of us who tweak a lot of parameters and may have even forgotten which ones we tweaked over the course of a few weeks. If only there was a way to know which parameters had changed with each firmware, then we could go about systematically readjusting things or resetting. Starting from scratch means different things to different people...
But that’s the point. You may not need to change those at all due to the update. Duplicate the preset, reset the amp and dial it in. Don’t like it? Well you still have your old preset.

And I’m describing my workflow. If you don’t want to then don’t.

Are you an otolaryngologist or an audiologist by any chance?
We could use one of those around here...

Audiologist, ironic being I grew up with a 2204 half stack in my bedroom as a teenager, always tried to make my cars and motorcycles as loud as possible, never wore hearing protection to concerts etc. after half a lifetime causing damage to my own ears, and anyone in an audience, now I’m in the business of hearing conservation and helping folks hear again lol.

Audiologist, ironic being I grew up with a 2204 half stack in my bedroom as a teenager, always tried to make my cars and motorcycles as loud as possible, never wore hearing protection to concerts etc. after half a lifetime causing damage to my own ears, and anyone in an audience, now I’m in the business of hearing conservation and helping folks hear again lol.

That’s cool karma ;)

With amps such as Wrecker models, Plexi's there is a loud crack/pop like noise when you turn the Bass knob up and down in Amp Block.
This happens with Axe Edit, when i tried with the front panel It didn't happen.

I don't remember how useful the removed CF controls were but at least the new grid hardness control is fantastic. There seem to be no wrong values for it. Low values remind me of worn out older tubes and high values sound like fresh tubes, but no matter where I set it, it never makes the sound weak or artificial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom