Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 20.01 Public Beta (Beta 2)

If you are using a real guitar speaker you may want to turn these controls down/off. With an FRFR I would not recommend that as FRFR speakers are not designed to distort like guitar speakers do.
Maybe they could be disabled when selecting "SS PA + Cab" as output mode?

I havnt even figured out update 20.0 how to implement in my presets and the sound difference on frfr or headphones 😂.

Amazing update again! Thank you

Cheers 🍻

I think I found a bug. With certain combinations of speaker drive and speaker thump the sound goes away when playing some notes, as if something is overloaded. Is this normal? It doesn't do this as soon as I turn off any of the mentioned parameters.

Here's a sample and a preset showcasing the issue:

This reminds me of the sound my intestinal tract was making yesterday after excessively spicy lamb kebab salad.

Hmm, I just managed to resolve my FC12 issues, with the help of both Support and M@tt. Do I dare take this on less than 18 hours after everything started working again? Oh the humanity!

Hmm, I just managed to resolve my FC12 issues, with the help of both Support and M@tt. Do I dare take this on less than 18 hours after everything started working again? Oh the humanity!

I guess with a backup of system settings you don't really have anything to lose. The whole thing ended up being about bank size, wasn't it? If so, you can just play around with that if it looks wonky.

I'm getting a volume burst when changing scenes. It's the first time I've ever encountered it. 99.9% of time it's user error on my end so I'm gonna keep trying to see if I can isolate the problem and monitor the thread to see if others are having the issue. So far I think I may have it isolated being related to a control switch on the input boost to turn it on. And it seems like the quick pop or jolt in vol. occurs when switching from a scene without the CS (input boost) to a scene with it on and visa versa. But it doesn't occur every time, which is weird.

Love the addition of the thump. I had to tame the LF Res curve down a bit on the 4x12 Brit Greenback because it was a little boomy but adding the thump seems to enhance more frequencies than just the low end. It feels great.

Edit: added the preset file.

Attachments

• BB War v20_0.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
@FractalAudio I was trying to come up with a formula to fit with the real world examples for calculating real world speaker thump, and I'm wondering if this is right:

5 x Amp Wattage / Speaker Wattage

Thank you so much for this new parameter!

@FractalAudio I was trying to come up with a formula to fit with the real world examples for calculating real world speaker thump, and I'm wondering if this is right:

5 x Amp Wattage / Speaker Wattage

Thank you so much for this new parameter!

I'm realizing right away that can't be right, because that would make the value for a 100W amp going into a 40W speaker 12.5. I've got to get better at algebra. 🤦‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom