Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 12.00 Public Beta #2 (Beta 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Substitue the sequencer for an expression pedal with this setup and you get nice, stepped phasing with patterns you can control. Very musical!

Hey Iarsee
Isnt this pretty much the exact thing you were trying to copy on that
Saigon Kick tone
I thought you mentioned he had a Zoom phaser w a step filter to do that
You came pretty close w sequencer IIRC

Hey Iarsee
Isnt this pretty much the exact thing you were trying to copy on that
Saigon Kick tone
I thought you mentioned he had a Zoom phaser w a step filter to do that
You came pretty close w sequencer IIRC
Was it? Probably. I do so many “help me with this song” posts I lose track. You could step the phaser pre-12.00. Instructions have changed slightly with 12.00.

@Randalljax it was stepped wah in that case: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/saigon-kick-afraid-step-filter-effect.153593/#post-1826563

Last edited:
Many people are not aware of this so maybe a mention included with each firmware update would help with this so we might not get all of these posts about it. Maybe a listing updating for dummies included :p
The problem is that Axe-Edit is often not updated for a while after a new FW update (with some recent exceptions - thanks @Michael Pickens!).

So then (assuming people read the notes, which they rarely seem to do) we'd get different posts about "where's the new Axe-Edit?"

:D

Manual control of the phaser and flanger blocks is stupid cool. If you haven't tried it yet, try this:

Per the release notes, set the Depth of the phaser or flanger to zero. Attach an expression pedal to Manual. Enjoy! I just got done playing around with this some more - I really like it with auto engage enabled on the Manual controller.
Substitue the sequencer for an expression pedal with this setup and you get nice, stepped phasing with patterns you can control. Very musical!

In my playing this morning I didn't even get to the Manual control... But assigning the Envelope controller will most likely be a good time :)

With the astable LFO and bringing high cut up to 13k on an analog mono chorus the only difference I can tell between the AFX3 and the small clone is noise... and the small clone's ridiculous mid scoop

Last edited:
Buying pedals now serves the functional purpose of having a recipe to follow in programming the AFX3. It does everything, analog chorus twisting the DI like a wet towel into a screaming octave fuzz ripping the heads off of the pixies and throwing them into a wood chipper getting scattered to the horizon by an oscillating analog delay turned into a atmospheric mist by an imploding black hole stacked cloud verb...

3nayh4.jpg

hi,

you could just use one of the digital delays available.
thanks
pauly

Thanks, figured it was something like this.

Would it be possible to add a parameter to control this degradation, or a way to turn it off? Or maybe just new a delay type that does not degrade but has a "motor speed" knob? Because then we could use that delay as a phrase looper with tempo/pitch shifting abilities. For example, like in this song at ~22 seconds, playing the looped phrase back at 200% speed and thus an octave higher (and back to normal again at 1:40):

Working great yesterday and the amp changes with the scenes are very quick now. Almost no reason to use dual amp blocks at this point.

Buying pedals now serves the functional purpose of having a recipe to follow in programming the AFX3. It does everything, analog chorus twisting the DI like a wet towel into a screaming octave fuzz ripping the heads off of the pixies and throwing them into a wood chipper getting scattered to the horizon by an oscillating analog delay turned into a atmospheric mist by an imploding black hole stacked cloud verb...

(Still needs a good envelope filter/Mutron)

(Still needs a good envelope filter/Mutron)

this is one of the few things we don't have and would make a great addition. i know you can make one easy enough, but there's something about the filters and the saturation of the originals that difficult to replicate with the current tools. perhaps we should start a new wishlist thread and see if we can convince cliff to give it a go. we'll really need to get everyone on board, because this has been on the wishlist as long as i can remember

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom