Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 12.00 Public Beta #2 (Beta 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This new iteration of ARES (are we calling it that anymore?..always seemed a bit Wonder Womanish TBH)..) is destined to create whole new generations of Ambient explorers...
between the very audible definition upgrade of the ultra Hi Quality verbs (the clouds, man...) and the glitchy wonder of the stack/hold , and the gorgeous
new flange, phase and delay options .....this may be the only FW update of a new full digit we’ve had that didnt involve an amp block upgrade, and for good reason, this is massive.

Last edited:
Loving the sound of the new reverb quality. Just when you thought it couldn’t get better....

Phaser is lovely too. Roll on the chorus! 😜

Firmware 12 Bug Report.
When changing presets the amp Type updates sonically, but the Text does not update (it still shows the previous amp type) Toggling Amp B and back too amp A updates the text.
DOD 250 - after adjusting a high cut filter on a cab block, the DOD screen is blank. Toggling Drive A - B restores the graphics.Screen Shot 2020-01-26 at 10.04.52 AM.png

I've got some unexpected behaviour with the stack mode and the mono tape delay at stock settings. When I select a delay like the 2290, set it to stack, and play a note, that note is repeated forever. But when I use a mono tape delay instead, the repetitions are losing volume and the note is gone after roughly 30-40 seconds. Is this intentional, and if yes is there any way to tweak the block to get the note to repeat infinitely?

I've got some unexpected behaviour with the stack mode and the mono tape delay at stock settings. When I select a delay like the 2290, set it to stack, and play a note, that note is repeated forever. But when I use a mono tape delay instead, the repetitions are losing volume and the note is gone after roughly 30-40 seconds. Is this intentional, and if yes is there any way to tweak the block to get the note to repeat infinitely?
The tape delay types behave like a real tape and the delays degrade over time.

Firmware 12 Bug Report.
When changing presets the amp Type updates sonically, but the Text does not update (it still shows the previous amp type) Toggling Amp B and back too amp A updates the text.
DOD 250 - after adjusting a high cut filter on a cab block, the DOD screen is blank. Toggling Drive A - B restores the graphics.View attachment 62750
You need to update Axe-Edit.

I installed the previous beta but didn't get to try it as then the current one got released :D

Anyway, I just spent some time just scratching at the surface of the new things and some older ones I never got around to. :)
Oh my, this black box sounds awesome...
Maybe it's just me, but the preset types of the reworked flanger and phaser never sounded that great to me like now, out of the box, with stock settings.

Thanks, Cliff!

You need to update Axe-Edit.
Many people are not aware of this so maybe a mention included with each firmware update would help with this so we might not get all of these posts about it. Maybe a listing updating for dummies included :p

The tape delay types behave like a real tape and the delays degrade over time.
Thanks, figured it was something like this.

Would it be possible to add a parameter to control this degradation, or a way to turn it off? Or maybe just new a delay type that does not degrade but has a "motor speed" knob? Because then we could use that delay as a phrase looper with tempo/pitch shifting abilities. For example, like in this song at ~22 seconds, playing the looped phrase back at 200% speed and thus an octave higher (and back to normal again at 1:40):

Manual control of the phaser and flanger blocks is stupid cool. If you haven't tried it yet, try this:

Per the release notes, set the Depth of the phaser or flanger to zero. Attach an expression pedal to Manual. Enjoy! I just got done playing around with this some more - I really like it with auto engage enabled on the Manual controller.

Manual control of the phaser and flanger blocks is stupid cool. If you haven't tried it yet, try this:

Per the release notes, set the Depth of the phaser or flanger to zero. Attach an expression pedal to Manual. Enjoy! I just got done playing around with this some more - I really like it with auto engage enabled on the Manual controller.
Substitue the sequencer for an expression pedal with this setup and you get nice, stepped phasing with patterns you can control. Very musical!

Not sure if this was mentioned. I found that by using the modifier for off/stack/hold with my expression pedal, Off is heel, middle is Stack and toe is hold. Makes it easy to build an ambient pad to work with. Works with Delay and/or Reverb.
This is good to know. I was about to start messing around with it to see how it could work. I was trying to think of a way to do it with a button where tapping would turn of between hold and off and holding it would allow stack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom