Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.02 Public Beta #5 (Beta_4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember hearing Dave Friedman talk about making a vibe pedal, and he said the truly difficult part was getting the lightbulb/photocell correct, just as Cliff said. I think Line 6 modeled a lightbulb for the Helix's univibe.

We're waiting for a few phasers to show up in the mail so we can match them. The MXRs already came in and have been modeled. Waiting on a Bad Stone, Bi-Phase and a couple others.

I have a Pigtronix EP2 Envelope Phaser if you're interested in modeling it - happy to ship it to you.

The vibe rabbit hole made me realize why it's so hard to make a good UniVibe clone. You gotta get the photocells just right. If they're too slow it won't be lumpy and drippy enough. Too fast and it will thump. Use anything but a photocell and it just sounds terrible. I made a virtual UniVibe using JFETs and it was bad.
Your close to Canada, maybe you get a hold of MJM effects Univbe, which I felt was very very good. I had number 3 and Michael told me he tweaks them in a dark room, that's important. Not sure if he was referring to lights affect on the photocells or darkness was needed to fully get into the sound of the effect. Thanks for the work updating all these effects.

UniVibes can only be tuned correctly when the darkness in the air is as complete as the darkness in your heart. It's part of the whole soul-to-the-devil-down-at-the-crossroads contract you have to make to build 'em right.

“So, when did you guys start to suspect that Ian was having issues?”

“Well, looking back that must have been in the winter of 2019-2020 I guess.”

So happy to see the progression of effects algorithms, and expansion of the boutique fx library! Thank you Cliff! The new flanger updates sound amazing, and I'm sure the phaser will as well.

If possible, it would be awesome if the Pitch Tracking and Pitch Effects could be expanded upon as well:

1. Some basic polyphonic pitch tracking FFT capability (even if just top two or three dominant notes), with some ability to assign note priority in synth block (ie: Low Note, High Note, Hold First, Hold Last :: Round Robin Assign to Voice Number, Reset to Voice 1). This would really open up the atmospheric capabilities of the Axe and its ability to cover synth parts, and layer the guitar sound with synth block.

2. Some implementation of pitch freeze circuit capabilities... ie: Digitech FreqOut Pedal, Gamechanger Audio Sustain Pedal, Electro Harmonix Freeze. This type of circuit has been requested many times in the Wish List section.

Last edited:
hi, can someone tell me what Factory Cabs you have at

Factory 1 #552
Factory 1 #617

after installing this beta? i just need to check some things. just need a few replies. thanks!

got it figured out. thanks!

saw someone else post and delete it. thanks for taking the time!

Last edited:
hi, can someone tell me what Factory Cabs you have at

Factory 1 #552
Factory 1 #617

after installing this beta? i just need to check some things. just need a few replies. thanks!
Factory 1 #552 is 1x12 WMAN1 160+PZM DB
Factory 1 # 617 is 1x15 TRAEL 441+PZM DB

UniVibes can only be tuned correctly when the darkness in the air is as complete as the darkness in your heart. It's part of the whole soul-to-the-devil-down-at-the-crossroads contract you have to make to build 'em right.

It's like you're in my head. I was just thinking this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom