Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 11.00

Just installed FW11 and upgraded to Axe Edit 1.03.10

Fired everything up and all was well but when I clicked on PERFORM in Axe Edit there was an enormous BANG from my speakers and all 4 output lights stayed on full with no audio from the axe fx

Reboot and it all seems to be working, but I'm worried this might happen in a gig... any ideas ?

Reinstalled the firmware, this time by downloading it from the link in this thread, rather than directly via the prompt in FractalBot. Works fine now - dunno why I got that loud bang from the Axe Fx before, maybe something went wrong somewhere.

All good now :)

Reinstalled the firmware, this time by downloading it from the link in this thread, rather than directly via the prompt in FractalBot. Works fine now - dunno why I got that loud bang from the Axe Fx before, maybe something went wrong somewhere.

All good now :)
Even the most dependable of computers (which the III is , bottom line) will glitch now and then.....better this than a tube blowing out mid show.

Found something strange. When I create or use factory presets, I always add a second output block, by copying block 1 and pasting. This way any modification I made to the output block coipies with it. Well I can manually add an output block, but if I try to copy/paste, I get an error message "Unabe to complete block paste. All available output blocks are in use". It only seems to be isolated to the output block.

Found something strange. When I create or use factory presets, I always add a second output block, by copying block 1 and pasting. This way any modification I made to the output block coipies with it. Well I can manually add an output block, but if I try to copy/paste, I get an error message "Unabe to complete block paste. All available output blocks are in use". It only seems to be isolated to the output block.
There is only one output block per output so the message is consistent with the paradigm.

There is only one output block per output so the message is consistent with the paradigm.
I think I understand. Just like there is only one input block per input, because of routing, it cannot be copied and pasted.
All the other blocks like amp, cab, PEQ, etc., can be copied and pasted for the obvious reason. Thanks.

I had a III a while back, sold it and just recently bought another. I know it wasn't in this firmware, but has something big changed in the last year or so regarding power amp modeling that would affect NMV amps? The ghosting and OT saturation sound amazing, better than I remember them being last time I had an Axe. It's so nice being able to get those tones without a real amp and load box.

I know it's a preference, and that it's now more accurate, but my overdriven Fender patches are ghosting big time. I lessened it with Sag adjustments, but any ideas on how to reduce ghosting without lowering the master/gain? I suppose I could lower the amp master and add a pedal ... but I'm shooting for Santana Abraxas amp about to explode sound.

I know it's a preference, and that it's now more accurate, but my overdriven Fender patches are ghosting big time. I lessened it with Sag adjustments, but any ideas on how to reduce ghosting without lowering the master/gain? I suppose I could lower the amp master and add a pedal ... but I'm shooting for Santana Abraxas amp about to explode sound.
IIRC, go to the Power Supply page and set the supply type to DC to eliminate ghosting.

Recommendation - Marshall Jubilee got a massive boost, sounds absolutely immense!

Single Vahalla IR, minor changes to the tone stack in the authentic tab, bit of gain enhancer.

Love it!

Recommendation - Marshall Jubilee got a massive boost, sounds absolutely immense!

Single Vahalla IR, minor changes to the tone stack in the authentic tab, bit of gain enhancer.

Love it!

When I owned the real deal, it didn't sound very good until it was almost fully cranked, and then "Holy sh^t on face/sh^tballs"

When I owned the real deal, it didn't sound very good until it was almost fully cranked, and then "Holy sh^t on face/sh^tballs"

That is my experience with most amps.They require a certain level of volume to sound great. And for some, to even be useable. The Axe is great in this regards since I can get a cranked tone while lowering the overall level. Therefore I can get a great tone while preserving at least some of my hearing.

That is my experience with most amps.They require a certain level of volume to sound great. And for some, to even be useable. The Axe is great in this regards since I can get a cranked tone while lowering the overall level. Therefore I can get a great tone while preserving at least some of my hearing.

Definitely but it was even more so with the Jub... and it's not an amp you can crank at many venues these days

So I just updated to 11 and installed the factory patches... I honestly dont think I'll go back to any patches in my backup. Well, I may take that back, since I've only auditioned the clean amps through my new Tele. Every single clean amp sounded killer, the only adjustment I made was to the levels. Everyone worked for me out of the box.

One song I always audition for a nice dynamic clean tone is Green Grass and High Tides and I was just grinning ear to ear. Bell like clean until you lay into it with the right hand and wow!!

Gonna take a break and go back to the dirty amps here in a while. But so far 11 has a huge thumbs up from me.

Definitely but it was even more so with the Jub... and it's not an amp you can crank at many venues these days

Absolutely agree. I loved my Jubilee stack back in the day.

Have no idea where you could play it now - sounded wonderful once you got it past ‘this is definitely damaging my hearing’ volume

I think I understand. Just like there is only one input block per input, because of routing, it cannot be copied and pasted.
All the other blocks like amp, cab, PEQ, etc., can be copied and pasted for the obvious reason. Thanks.

What? You can copy amp1 and paste it as amp2, really? No, IIRC that isn't working.

BTW, to copy the signal from out1 to out2, there's also a global parameter in the I/O setup. Set it once abd it affects all presets that have no out2 block in them. You could simply use that!?

Back
Top Bottom