Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 1.16 Beta

I didn't get to try it in FRFR through my FRFR system....the posts started flying about the bug so I rolled back to 1.15. The effect on a speaker cab was only noticeable at higher volumes.....which makes sense. If the question was how did it sound set to FRFR through a cab....same as before. I'm looking forward to using it live. What I can't figure out is how to have FRFR to FOH and amp/cab mode on stage (with a real cab).......using only a single amp block.
Using.multiple output blocks.

"NOTE: this mode CAN be used with FRFR monitors in high volume applications where the monitor’s speakers are compressing thereby achieving a more dynamic response."
I have 2 CLRs and I don't think I want to be in the same room with them that loud LOL!
Kind of the point of my question ;)

I am sorry to have to report that on my MacBook Pro system, which has been running AxeEdit III very smoothly and snappy (except for the Logic thing), after the 1.16 update, am incurring extreme lags in editing and scene and channel switching using Edit (front panel behavior normal) hopefully @Michael Pickens will have a fix soon..unless its an anomaly for me...anyone else on High Sierra Mac seeing this?

Ya my axe edit ran lightning quick, has slowed to a crawl. Mac Sierra here.

Ya my axe edit ran lightning quick, has slowed to a crawl. Mac Sierra here.
I think your issue was something different, as no one else reported and no beta testers experienced this with any versions of various things during 1.15. Good to know but might not be the exact same.

I seemed to have missed this nuance between AxeEdit II and III. Is AxeEdit functionality now more centred within the Axefx some how? Why would this be done? - Just curious.

I seemed to have missed this nuance between AxeEdit II and III. Is AxeEdit functionality now more centred within the Axefx some how? Why would this be done? - Just curious.
Not a nuance at all. Axe Edit II only works with the Axe FX II's, Axe Edit III only works with the Axe FX III's.

Well it would seem to make more sense to have it in the output block maybe?
Except that the option affects the simulation of the amp block and the way the power amp and speaker parameters of the model interact with one another... I doubt the output (or any other) blocks are aware of the specific number crunching that the amp (or any other) blocks are doing, only the digital audio stream they receive at their input as a result of the operations that came before...

Back
Top Bottom