Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 1.16 Beta

Should have read through the comments first. I also can’t revert to 1.15, I keep getting FBot timeouts, the best I’ve gotten was about 30% complete. Tried going straight from AxeFx to USB port (bypassing the hub) but it just got worse. iMac Pro, OSX 10.13.6. Axe Edit 0.09.21 is painfully slow as well.

Last edited:
For those having difficulty rolling back you can use the emergency recovery mode:
1. Turn power off.
2. Press and hold Page < and Page >
3. Turn power on and continue to hold for a couple seconds.
4. Unit will boot into emergency image.
5. Update as usual.

Went from 1.15 to this 1.16 Beta 1 ... installed no problems, but with Axe Edit 9.21 every time I open Axe Edit 9.21 it endlessly reads the new definitions ...... close Axe Edit / Re-open it / same thing every time ..... I assume this is one of the reasons it was pulled (?)

Thanks,
Ben

Just had a lock up between changing presets, but not 100% sure it was the axefx unit. Had no issues upgrading. (From 1.15) not tried axeedit

For those having difficulty rolling back you can use the emergency recovery mode:
1. Turn power off.
5. Update as usual.

Grazie Cliff, now it works :)

1. Turn power off.
5. Update as usual.

latest

Well that went well , thanks!! Back on good old 1.15, AxeEdit back up to speed, and the bonus of learning of the emergency boot is great, seems to me that updating FW is much faster using that technique ...Lemonade out of lemons again !

Should have read through the comments first. I also can’t revert to 1.15, I keep getting FBot timeouts, the best I’ve gotten was about 30% complete. Tried going straight from AxeFx to USB port (bypassing the hub) but it just got worse. iMac Pro, OSX 10.13.6. Axe Edit 0.09.21 is painfully slow as well.
Here is a question. If we are not able to revert to previous firmware will we be able to upgrade to the fixed version?

Edit: I see there is a recovery method now.

Unable to roll back to 1.15 so I can track this morning and use Axe Edit in a stable environment.

Fractal Bot crashes when attempting to install 1.15

I see Cliff removed the link. Hopefully will upload beta 2, so I can use Axe Edit. My unit is not in an ergonomically pleasant and accessible location for easy front panel operation.

Back
Top Bottom