Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 1.16 Beta

Unable to roll back to 1.15 so I can track this morning and use Axe Edit in a stable environment.

Fractal Bot crashes when attempting to install 1.15

I see Cliff removed the link. Hopefully will upload beta 2, so I can use Axe Edit. My unit is not in an ergonomically pleasant and accessible location for easy front panel operation.
Read the previous note from Cliff on how to recover...

Recovery mode worked like a charm and I was able to revert to 1.15. AxeEdit is back to its normal smooth self. Thanks Cliff!!

Mac High Sierra

I can confirm - recovery worked

FractalAudio said:
For those having difficulty rolling back you can use the emergency recovery mode:
1. Turn power off.
2. Press and hold Page < and Page >
3. Turn power on and continue to hold for a couple seconds.
4. Unit will boot into emergency image.
5. Update as usual.

Yup, recovery did the trick. Good to know that one for future reference, although as rarely as we have issues, I'm pretty sure I won't remember it if I need to do it again. Even after copying it into notepad and saving it on my desktop. LOL

To apply different compression to different frequency bands. Check this old video of mine, on the Axe-Fx II :

compressing only the lows for palm muting with a heavy sound is a common practice. The Multiband Compressor can also be used like a very musical 3 bands EQ

Makes sense, will check the video, thanks!

For what its worth - I upgraded and had problems with AxeEditIII as other have described. After turning the FXIII off and on again, it re-read block definitions and sorted things out - and AxeEdit is now behaving normally working fine - so I am just going to leave it and wait for the next upgrade (which I am sure they are working on as fast as possible).

I would note that I would much MUCH rather have Fractal keep releasing new upgrades quickly as they are known for - even if it means we occasionally encounter a glitch that needs to be fixed as with this beta upgrade. One of the greatest things about Fractal is their dedication to customer support of their products AFTER the sale. How many companies do that??? Plus I really appreciate having this user group which is great at testing and providing feedback to Fractal (and is also great at helping one another) - so all is well....

By the way, I hope a performance mode option is coming soon! : -)

Went from 1.15 to this 1.16 Beta 1 ... installed no problems, but with Axe Edit 9.21 every time I open Axe Edit 9.21 it endlessly reads the new definitions ...... close Axe Edit / Re-open it / same thing every time ..... I assume this is one of the reasons it was pulled (?)

Thanks,
Ben
Please skim through the previous posts :)

How so?
"The default value, FRFR, is the classic mode and designed for use with monitors or recording"
The Axe has always been designed for use with monitors or recording. I'm curious myself if there is any actual difference.
Default yes but i'l wondering how it sounds on frfr with non-default value

Ok and how did it work on frfr ?
I didn't get to try it in FRFR through my FRFR system....the posts started flying about the bug so I rolled back to 1.15. The effect on a speaker cab was only noticeable at higher volumes.....which makes sense. If the question was how did it sound set to FRFR through a cab....same as before. I'm looking forward to using it live. What I can't figure out is how to have FRFR to FOH and amp/cab mode on stage (with a real cab).......using only a single amp block.

Back
Top Bottom