Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 1.06

For those on Windows and OSX... How long does the firmware update take?

It took about 6min 21s here with Linux but much of that was just transferring the file (which is rather small at 17.5MB). I was really hoping the USB transfer speeds were much quicker.

3-4 mins here... if i do a backup of everything i'm not sure how long but it's a long time. I got impatient and stopped it.

It took about 6min 21s here with Linux but much of that was just transferring the file (which is rather small at 17.5MB). I was really hoping the USB transfer speeds were much quicker.
About that on macOS. 5m'ish.

Not totally sure about this but I think I recall reading in another thread that the update time was shorter if the the Axe was set to a blank preset?

6min 17s here on a Mac Pro running OSX version 10.13.4

wow, that 2204 master volume head is s-w-e-e-t! plugged it into scene one on the 50W Plexi preset, bam!

Thanks for your dedicated hard work! Global blocks is huge for me. Thanks so much for supporting and working on that for the future!

OK, that new Plexi is tasty. I'm definitely going to be switching some patches over to that one. Great job!

I'm having an issue with the pitch block. Classic whammy. I have it in the block chain. Have an expression pedal set to heel down on the whammy control modify Min 0.0 and and toe down Max 11.3. you hear the whammy but still also hear the direct signal. I am mirroring settings from the IIXL+ where its works as it should. First pitch block is whammy bar dive bombs. Second pitch block is wiggling the term bar. Easiest way to see what im saying is assign an expression pedal to whammy control in the first pitch block.

Kickstart My Heart. Motley Crew.
The whole song is on scene 1 with 3 exp pedals to control>>
[ Pedal 1 goes from dirty to clean with delay and reverb for the break down part of the song.
[ Pedal 2 is a pitch down like pushing the whammy bar down for the beginning of the song (No tremolo on the guitar i use for this).
[ Pedal 3 is for wiggling the term bar after the intro dive bombs.

Attachments

• Kickstart My Heart.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I'm having an issue with the pitch block. Classic whammy. I have it in the block chain. Have an expression pedal set to heel down on the whammy control modify Min 0.0 and and toe down Max 11.3. you hear the whammy but still also hear the direct signal. I am mirroring settings from the IIXL+ where its works as it should. First pitch block is whammy bar dive bombs. Second pitch block is wiggling the term bar. Easiest way to see what im saying is assign an expression pedal to whammy control in the first pitch block.

Kickstart My Heart. Motley Crew.
The whole song is on scene 1 with 3 exp pedals to control>>
[ Pedal 1 goes from dirty to clean with delay and reverb for the break down part of the song.
[ Pedal 2 is a pitch down like pushing the whammy bar down for the beginning of the song (No tremolo on the guitar i use for this).
[ Pedal 3 is for wiggling the term bar after the very dive bombs.
this is better as its own thread.

Chris this is after the after the 1.06 update that Cliff just did some work on the pitch block is why i posted here. Move where you see fit.

Back
Top Bottom