Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 1.05

Mine mutes and showa the progress bar when uploading and updating. May be something that they decided was impractical in use, or slowed the update process too much.

I just got the III! I put it in the rack and looked at all three units I have, for the short time I have them. The Axe Fx III, II XL+ and AX8. I'm keeping the AX8 and selling the XL+. But it has occurred to me to keep the XL+ instead of the AX8! I haven't even plugged it in yet! But I'm downloading the new firmware! Thanks Cliff!

Quick question/response,

With firmware 1.05 and my previous, 1.03, upon initial start up the wah pedal will automatically be active even though I don't have it active in any other scene. With 1.05 alone, it made the wah and second amp used in an upper row (edited by me) active across all presets. Anyone else have the same scenario happen? It was only the default wah in the booted up preset before, but this time it was an added amp on an upper row this time. I can't say that it happened with 1.03 with a secondary row because I only usually booted up with a preset that contained only one row.

Iunno, easy fix that took a whole 5 seconds...but wanted to know if it was a reoccurring issue with others or just me.

Btw, having the amp parked on A knob is the bee's knee's ... most commonly edited parameter for me and is great to have instant access to.

edit* "wah" keeps getting changed to "way" ...it was a headache to read incorrectly.

Quick question/response,

With firmware 1.05 and my previous, 1.03, upon initial start up the wah pedal will automatically be active even though I don't have it active in any other scene. With 1.05 alone, it made the wah and second amp used in an upper row (edited by me) active across all presets. Anyone else have the same scenario happen? It was only the default wah in the booted up preset before, but this time it was an added amp on an upper row this time. I can't say that it happened with 1.03 with a secondary row because I only usually booted up with a preset that contained only one row.

Iunno, easy fix that took a whole 5 seconds...but wanted to know if it was a reoccurring issue with others or just me.

Btw, having the amp parked on A knob is the bee's knee's ... most commonly edited parameter for me and is great to have instant access to.

edit* "wah" keeps getting changed to "way" ...it was a headache to read incorrectly.

I think I'm seeing similar. If I am on a preset where the Wah block's modifier is set to Pedal 1 then the block will be active upon initial boot of the Axe-Fx III. If I switch to another preset and back, the Wah block will now be disabled. If I change the Wah's modifier to External 1 I will no longer see the behavior on that particular preset.

A good example would be preset 12, scene 1. Try flipping to that preset, power down your unit, turn it back and and start playing. I get an automatic Wah block turned on. If I switch to preset 13 and back to 12 I will no longer have the Wah block causing problems.

This seems to only happen to me with presets that are set to have Pedal 1 as the modifier. Presets 0-11 all use External 1 and don't exhibit this behavior, but a lot of other presets do.

Can any one else test this and see if this happens to them too? I'd appreciate it. I'm running firmware 1.05. I've reset system parameters (while no USB or MIDI was attached), reloaded the firmware and reloaded the presets all to no avail.

Installed the new firmware today. ZOWIE! It's really good. I was supposed to be building patches, but wound up just playing for three hours, loving the new sounds. :) Time well spent.

I think I'm seeing similar. If I am on a preset where the Wah block's modifier is set to Pedal 1 then the block will be active upon initial boot of the Axe-Fx III. If I switch to another preset and back, the Wah block will now be disabled. If I change the Wah's modifier to External 1 I will no longer see the behavior on that particular preset.

A good example would be preset 12, scene 1. Try flipping to that preset, power down your unit, turn it back and and start playing. I get an automatic Wah block turned on. If I switch to preset 13 and back to 12 I will no longer have the Wah block causing problems.

This seems to only happen to me with presets that are set to have Pedal 1 as the modifier. Presets 0-11 all use External 1 and don't exhibit this behavior, but a lot of other presets do.

Can any one else test this and see if this happens to them too? I'd appreciate it. I'm running firmware 1.05. I've reset system parameters (while no USB or MIDI was attached), reloaded the firmware and reloaded the presets all to no avail.

I'm also having a spontaneous "Wah on when powering up" issue. It happens on the FAS Modern stock patch (36 or 37, depending on display offset) even when I save the wah status as off, and I don't have any pedals controlling it.

There was a Wah modifier bug that I reported back in FW 1.04 and it was fixed in FW 1.05. The bug wouldn't allow you to use a bypass modifier on your toe switch pedal. IT was fixed in 1.05 and now that works.
I am not sure if there is a further bug on the wah block but it would be worth reporting to have it looked into...I suppose.
@Admin M@ maybe this needs exploring? Thanks

There was a Wah modifier bug that I reported back in FW 1.04 and it was fixed in FW 1.05. The bug wouldn't allow you to use a bypass modifier on your toe switch pedal. IT was fixed in 1.05 and now that works.
I am not sure if there is a further bug on the wah block but it would be worth reporting to have it looked into...I suppose.
@Admin M@ maybe this needs exploring? Thanks

Support told me that there are new presets coming Soon(tm) that should fix the issue I'm seeing.

Back
Top Bottom